Kimber Talk Forums banner

Need Micro 9 Speedloader Recommendation

17K views 58 replies 37 participants last post by  langenc 
#1 ·
After going to the range the first time and reloading my three magazines, twice, my old man fingers hurt bad.

So I am in the market for a speedloader to ease the pain!:)

Do you have any recommendations based on YOUR experience? I have looked at the MakerShot (~$12.50) and the Uplula (~$25.00). I have read that the Uplula needs some sort of centering piece, at extra cost, for single row mags. True or not?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

#2 ·
After going to the range the first time and reloading my three magazines, twice, my old man fingers hurt bad.

So I am in the market for a speedloader to ease the pain!:)

Do you have any recommendations based on YOUR experience? I have looked at the MakerShot (~$12.50) and the Uplula (~$25.00). I have read that the Uplula needs some sort of centering piece, at extra cost, for single row mags. True or not?

Thanks in advance!

Mark
Not true. The Uplula are great. I have two, one for 9mm and larger, the other for my wife's .380.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I resisted the Uplula purchase for some time, but my geezer fingers felt like yours.....tender and sore after loading about ten mags worth at the range for my Micro 9 or any of my 1911's.

I use the Uplula model that allows both 9mm and .45 and now wonder what made me wait so long. They are one of those little thingies that actually WORK! :)

#10 ·
Gentlemen with big, strong hands (and ladies, too) often end up with cuts, abrasions, and blisters just from day-to-day activities. A loader can help minimize discomfort and getting blood all over your magazines. And even the best can get sore hands from loading hundreds of rounds. Loaders can make your shooting a more joyous experience. I like the UpLula. And Mrs. Iron liked mine so much that I bought here one in a pretty girl color. It doesn't work well on my .32s. But on a .32, they're not really needed.

#11 ·
Yep, had uplula for a long time.

#22 ·
Here is one I am using:

RangeTray Kimber Micro9 9mm Magazine Loader Speedloader - Micro 9 (Black)
Sold by: RangeTray
$12.45

That is from Amazon. It is specific to the micro-9 magazine, and fits perfectly. Makes it absolutely simple to load a mag to full capacity with no sore fingers. Fits the magazine exactly, no need to have to juggle the position as you do for the double-stack type tools. Highly recommend it. When I ordered mine a while back, shipping was free and it took maybe 3 days before it showed up in my mailbox.

#24 ·
I bought the Rangetray,, did not work worth a darn,, ended up pushing the bullet in the case as it would only insert the round about an 1/8 inch, then you had to push it in the rest of the way. Do you have to do the same with the Uplula?

#27 ·
I've been using my Uplula for my handguns now for about three years. Works very well indeed.

Now it works even better with the single stack adapter I just received for my 1911's. It was a joy to use prior, but now it's a dream. If you decide to load up a bunch of wide-body mags, the single stack adapter just flips out of the way.

A well designed tool that actually WORKS!

#28 · (Edited)
…. It was a joy to use prior, but now it's a dream. If you decide to load up a bunch of wide-body mags, the single stack adapter just flips out of the way.
I hear ya Rick! … I've been using the Uplula for awhile with both single and double stack mags without any issues. I didn't even know the single stack adaptor existed until I read about it here. The other day I was placing an order for the loader for the 32rd Colt mags, which is magical by the way. Then I saw the adaptor for the single stacks and added one to my order (they send two) and it is a real improvement for the loader. The original loader works fine but works even better with the little adaptor. I also order an additional loader in a different color, so now I have one in my .45 ammo box and one in my 9mm ammo box for the double stacks.

And if anyone out there is loading the 9mm, AR / TAVOR / Uzi, type 32 round mags their loader for them is a MUST HAVE. It works so well you won't believe it. You can watch the video at Midway.

#29 · (Edited)
Uplula (~$25.00). I have read that the Uplula needs some sort of centering piece, at extra cost, for single row mags. True or not?
Hey Mark!

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Uplulas! Yup, I have two; One for the .380 Micro (the "baby uplula"); the other for everything else (my 9s and .45s). And yes, some guy makes a small plastic fitting that sits inside the big Uplula to keep it from twisting on the 9mm mags. Yup, bought one; yup, use it all the time; yup, it's great; AND yup, it's VERY worth the pittance!

You CAN use the big uplula without -- I have for a couple years. It's a minor annoyance that the mag twists in the thing if you don't hold it steady. The addition-piece is great; and -- for me at least (with my old lady hands!) -- WELL worth the money!

This: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W9H1GDP/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for 12 bucks is great!

For xmas, gave my black big uplula (only color they made when I got it) to my friend with the M&P Shield and bought me the purple one! HE was delighted, and I like pretty colors! (My rule-- I cannot shoot someone with a gun that is not pretty!)(Apparently that applies to gun GEAR as well!)

Last time we were at the range (Gary and I swap the deck while the other loads mags); two older gents were sitting behind us just struggling to load their .45s. "Wait WAIT!" cried I and with a flourish handed over the big one."Here, try THIS!" Oh MAN were they happy! AND that range had a shelf of Uplulas just waiting for them to go out of the hot zone!

El

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.