Kimber Talk Forums banner

Questioning Kimber's Quality Reputation

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  JC45 
#1 ·
So my wife bought me a Kimber Micro 9 for Christmas. (Sweet Lady!)

Upon opening the box, I noticed that the instructions and the adjustment tool for the laser were missing. After a long hold period to Kimber Customer Service, the missing items were mailed to me.

Today, at the range the fiber optic piece in the front sight came out and went missing. The RSO and I both looked all over the floor to no avail. Another call to Kimber Customer Service and another long hold, a very nice lady put a replacement piece in the mail to me.

Anybody else having these annoying problems? This is certainly not what I expected when I heard all the talk about Kimber quality, before the purchase!

#8 ·
I've also had this happen on handguns and my shotguns. I agree it's very common. Springfield includes extra rods in the box when you buy one of their guns with fiber optic sights. This is why I don't like
fiber optic sights for my carry gun. They're great for the range.

I read somewhere to put a dot of crazy glue on the sight so it can't come off but this was a bad idea because when a rod broke on my shotgun I couldn't get it out so I had to buy I new sight.

IMO a Micro 9 is a carry gun and if your going to carry it get night sights. Obviously we all have our our opinions and you have to do what works for you.

#10 ·
These seem to all be more minor and aggravating than something dangerous.

For example I bought one of the first SW stainless 9x19mm pistols made. Shot like a dream. I went home, stripped it and started brushing the grit and oil from the inside of the slide. But the brush kept catching on something.

I saw a little line on the exact center line of the pistol, about mid-way under the firing pin. When I got my fingernail on it, I realized it was a crack!

The pistol went back to SW, where I found that had the pistol slide blown apart into two pieces the firing pin might have come back into my shooting glasses. Who knows after that how hard I would have been hit.

Then there was this redhead. Not even Einstein and Yonkers could have fixed her...

(Good luck in future, and that comes from a chronic worrier!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.