Kimber Talk Forums banner

Wtf? Really?????

3K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  five-oh 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Yep, you been under a rock? And It's not just Kimber?

Reactions: Holster and JC45
#6 ·
Yeah, I spent years watching every no reserve SCC that came up until I finally got this one. Hundreds of them. Almost all of them ended up going for around the same price, just a little more than I wanted to pay. None were what I considered a surprising deal. Might just be the SCC, I didn't really watch anything else, but I suspect any Kimber will be the same story. Nine days left and it's gone from one cent to three hundred bucks already? This one won't be given away either.

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah, Arland has a good Cerocoater nearby... cosmetic is fixable.

And look at these:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806271782 swap out the grips and it's pretty normal!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806662555 -- this'll prolly go for about what's normal for a ROse Gold .... (no, I'm not bidding on it. That pic is 'tarted' up; the Rose Gold is NOT that pretty in the metal!)

Here's the "gaming" aspect: you let AutoBid play your 'cards' -- figure out the most you'd pay for the pretty little thang; and then (after starting where the other bidders are) jump up your max bid by smallish increments -- if you throw your top price in, you might drive the bidding up to it. (Don't do that!!)

So, I started at $400 for the tan Micro and got outbid; then raised my top bid to $440; and that's how I got it for $430. Notice I got it for less than my top bid -- it's TIMING not $$!)

Remember, you're NOT 'counting' on outbidding the other bidders -- you're counting on out-TIMING them!

Been studying pricing for Micro-Metrics.... I cannot compete on price -- that would be idiotic for a very high price, very precision piece o' gear. It's NOT a 'consumable' -- it's an almost necessary piece of equipment for a certain class of engineer. They don't buy on price, they buy on quality and need. Here, you're not planning on out pricing other bidders (you know the quality, you DON'T have the need!): you're gambling on lucky timing! This is bidding for FUN, not bidding because THIS is the specific gun you've been looking for for just years! Right?) (I'm prolly creating some folks who will be bidding for fun against me... but oh well... I don't actually NEED more Micros, do I?!)

#16 ·
If El buys it...we can (change)/fix it!!

Reactions: Ice-and-Snow
#17 ·
Don’t forget the 15 min rule...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
My 13 year old daughter says she wants that. LOL. Thank God I don't have the excess funds to spend on it or I'd be bidding against you. I swear, sometimes that child has NO taste....I thought the Bel Aire she had to have was gaudy.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.