• 6 Post By five-oh
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 3 Post By Bentlink
  • 1 Post By JoeG214
  • 2 Post By Wally1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #1

SHOT Show 2019 Micro 9

So, the wife got a Micro 9 Saffire for her birthday a few weeks ago. It's a little gaudy for my taste, but I was impressed by its light weight and handling. This made it easy for me to argue for one for my birthday (warning-this is an expensive way to build a case for a new Kimber).

Today was my first with my basic-black Micro 9. 70 rounds in, a mix of WWB FMJ and Federal hollow points, and I'm happy with it. The jury is still out on the Hogue grips. They're a dream to shoot, but a little tacky and seem to grab a cover garment...that's an easy fix.

The SHOT Show package included a second 7-round mag,and a DeSantis holster that's OK. It looks and feels a "mini" to my Pro Carry II in .45.
Bentlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #2

I bought the same Shotshow special. Absolutely love it. I did find out this weekend that, much as I suspected, the last minute grab at Walmart of steel casing target ammo was the equivalent of broccoli to it, but I figured that would be the case.

I've moved the Micro 9 into my primary off duty carry- as much as I love my Ultra carry Tactical, the Micro is so much easier to conceal.
As far as your "expensive way to build a case"- well, before the dust settled on my "better to ask forgiveness than permission" tactic, my wife had a quick shopping trip, a new laptop, and although she claims it was unrelated, a new to her low mileage used Lincoln MKX.
And now, she thinks she wants a micro 9, but she wants the crimson trace grips. You got off cheap. LOL
Old 04-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #3

WHAT? No pictures?
Chuck43 likes this.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:43 AM   #4

Congratulations on both Micro 9s.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
WHAT? No pictures?
Yeah, cause, house rules: no pix and it DID NOT HAPPEN!! {wink}
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #6

OK, OK, pictures! The wife’s Micro 9 is camera shy, but here’s mine with its big brother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 72EA3ABF-EF51-4042-9863-8228235F64C6_1554858410092.jpeg (2.83 MB, 26 views)
KCJeep, Vided and 1000RR like this.
Bentlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:34 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Bentlink View Post
OK, OK, pictures! The wife’s Micro 9 is camera shy, but here’s mine with its big brother.
The gun thing is new to me (after moving to TN) considering you'd need a letter from Jesus to get a carry permit in NY. (so flippin' glad I moved).

This has been my EDC for a bit now. I picked up a Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster on Amazon and I really do like it (although I have nothing to compare it to). It's very thin and even a long, lightweight T-shirt hides the micro 9 nicely. Pretty comfortable too. I just need to "re-arrange" it when I'm gettting in the truck.

Love the Micro 9 Shot Show. The Mrs. and I got matching pairs. I'd love to get the KHX Custom/RL (OI) in 9mm but then there's the $$$ issue Maybe Santa will be really good to me LOL
motormac likes this.
JoeG214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 AM   #8

I keep going back and forth with the Hogue grip. It carries better with thin grips but shoots more comfortably with the Hogue.
Bentlink and motormac like this.
Wally1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:39 PM   #9

I also have one of the shot show specials. I really like the way that Hogue grip feels when shooting. My hands are not huge but I don’t like a grip with no place for my pinky. I got the extended mags with pad that matches the Hogue grip and it’s perfect.
Global Shooter is online now   Reply With Quote