Motorcycle Vest Carry - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #11

Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
I'm a big fan of the Blackhawk TecGrip pocket holster.
I wish my choices were that limited. I have several jackets (for the seasons), and several differing defensive items. In other words, what I might carry in summer will not be what I wear or carry in the dead of winter.

I do like to have these various pocket accessible. In summer it's easy to wear a jacket open. In the winter I like to be able to pull a zipper down a bit.

That Harley pouch is easy to open, and even in a shirt with tails I can carry a moderately large automatic pistol--or one with a Commander or shorter barrel.

Despite the fact it's going to hit 70 degrees here today, the northern part of Wisconsin is to be getting 6 to 8 inches of snow. I'm playing the odds. The P238 is already on my jeans, and a spare magazine is already in the front zippered pocket of the pouch.

If it snows, the jacket zippers easily over a flat automatic pistol, if it's hot, I just slip on a shirt.

Last edited by The Tourist; 04-08-2019 at 12:55 PM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #12

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I believe I will try the "Sticky" inside the vest pocket because although at this time I do not have a large selection of firearms to choose from, the addiction is there to increase the inventory.
The "Sticky" will be an easy in and out and not "lock" me into only one selection when throwing the vest on.

(Tipping Hat) Thanks again.
Donaldrm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #13

Hey Donald,
You might also look at the Nate Squared Tactical stuff:" they have a 'purse/bag/briefcase' holster -- the backing is firm, sorta-stiff and the front of it is covered with velcro; then the holster (the normal N8^2) has the mating velcro to hold the holster to the 'plate.'

Since you're doing pocket carry, you could cut the plate to fit/secure in your pocket, and your N8^2 holster will hold your gun in the already-ready position.

TRIED top go get you a URL to their site; ended up sending them a grumpy email cause -- it's, like, the third time I've tried to find a URL o share -- and can't do it! Don't remember what gun you said; can't see your msg while writing this, and no search engine -- BUT: you know what gun you have; go here and you'll get led to what fits.

I have four N8^2 holsters: Micro .380, Micro 9, .380 mag, and the velcro purse/bag/briefcase one. LOVE THEM!!!

El
2sharp2 likes this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holsters