Motorcycle Vest Carry - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #1

Motorcycle Vest Carry

Greetings,
When on the bike I would like to carry in the "gun" pocket of my vest. However, the pocket only has an elastic band sewn in to keep the pistol in place, but no protection of the trigger.
Can anyone suggest a holster that would stay in the pocket when drawn and easy access (without fumbling around) when returning to holster.
I could keep IWB, but when in riding position there is an exposure issue.

(Tipping Hat) T.I.A. for any suggestions.
Donaldrm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #2

Sounds like you're looking for a Sticky holster.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Cucamonga kid like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #3

I thought about this and came up with an idea. Not sure if it’s a good idea but this is what I came up with for this application. Get a piece of kydex and mold it to your liking(Or buy a shell).Drills some small holes around the outside and have someone who knows how to sew stitch it inside your vest. I’m not sure how it would work but kydex is cheap and you could practice on an old vest or jacket.
RustyIron and wayne like this.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2019, 09:19 AM   #4

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Sounds like you're looking for a Sticky holster.
+1 For Sticky Holster.
At first, I thought it was gimmicky. I wasn't really impressed by its appearance. After using it for a few months I can honestly say that I use it more than any other holster. It fits very well in a cargo pocket and in my denim jacket pocket. I haven't really found a pocket it doesn't work in. I'm looking to pick up a Sticky Holster dual mag pouch to put on my weak side.
Chuck43 likes this.
TequilaWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #5

I just used a cloth sleeve type "pocket" with a position sewn into place to make room for the trigger guard.

Since this sleeve had an overall "square shape," the pistol usually stayed in the upright position since my inside jean jacket pockets were square, too.

Of course, then Wisconsin enacted both CCW carry and 'open carry.' Like most guys, I just toss on a shirt with tails. It might fool the libtards, but any guy in jeans and biker boots with his tails out is carrying, no doubt.

Even when CCW first became law, my state had 300,000 citizens apply, which came as a surprise to me. Now with Madison and Milwaukee corroding, I'm bet that number has doubled in the last seven years.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:19 AM   #6

+1 on the sticky holster, I'm considering trying shoulder rig for when I'm riding.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #7

What pistol are you going to carry?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #8

Sorry didn't notice the micro 9 forum. kydex formed for the trigger guard look at the Taurus curve. that's what I'm in the process of making now..
Old 04-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #9

Bigdog, I never know what I'll be carrying. It could be that 3-inch Kimber, a J-frame, a really big knife or just the usual stolen government secrets.

Inside the pouch, I lined it with green pool-table felt. I hate it when things get scratched--including the micro-film...

Click on the picture to enlarge.

DSC02552.JPG
Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #10

I'm a big fan of the Blackhawk TecGrip pocket holster. I've been using one for almost four years for my J-frame. Works great for jeans pockets, front or back. Secure enough for IWB with my Airweight. Might be worth a try for your vest carry. Only $20 from Midway.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holsters