Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Wally1
  • 1 Post By Bentlink
  • 1 Post By motormac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2019, 10:33 PM   #1

Review of my new Micro 9

After firing 200 rounds through my new Kimber Micro 9 this afternoon, here are my thoughts on my new model for Kimber guns. Others may have other experiences; all guns can be unique.

1. The only truly positive thing I can say about mine is that it is small and thus easily concealed.

2. Mine has a faulty trigger, which makes the gun unreliable and even somewhat dangerous. This happened during slow steady squeezing of the trigger, not quick snapping the trigger. Here are the symptoms.

a. At least once per magazine, the trigger does not engage the hammer.
b. It reaches a hard STOP making the shooter think the gun is jammed.
c. Releasing the trigger and pulling again causes the gun to fire; the gun was not jammed...a startling surprise!
d. The trigger pull is not uniform at all. Sometimes it is heavy and sometimes it is quite light. This may be related to the hard STOP non-fire symptom noted above.

3. The gun does indeed jam about every two magazines [14 rounds]. This is probably due to the light weight of this gun. Most small guns of 9mm and up experience this problem. You have to really hold on to this gun and be mindful of avoiding “limp wrist” shooting. Even though I was careful about the “limp wrist” issue, I still had frequent jams.

4. To say the gun is fun to shoot is a non sequitur. Because it is small and light weight, it has a hell of a recoil. I do not think most smaller women would like shooting this gun.

5. My model has a fiber optic front sight. The fiber optic rod fell out with every magazine.

6. Actually, there was one other positive. The gun was very accurate when the trigger behaved as it should.

7. I am very surprised at Kimber’s lack of quality control. I am a Wilson Combat owner. My CQB came with two pages of quality control checks initialized by Wilson gunsmiths along with a proof round brass and a proof target showing the gun was within their excellent accuracy checks. BUT, you pay through the nose for that kind of quality! However, based on this experience today, I don’t think Kimber test fires their guns before sale.

8. I will be returning this gun.
28804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-05-2019, 05:00 AM   #2

Wow sorry to hear this did you contact Kimber service..
Old 09-05-2019, 06:04 AM   #3

No comment on your list of problems other than the front optic fiber. If it falls out once, then one of the ends is broken or just not melted over. Reinstalling it will not stop it from continuing to fall out.
Bigdog likes this.
Wally1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2019, 06:16 AM   #4

Well hell, only 200 rounds ain’t even broken in yet. Just kidding. Good luck in returning, never heard of an lgs that does returns. You will end up sending it back for Kimber to fix. Even at this price point you deserve better quality than that. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #5

Kimber 9

I've carried my Kimber Micro 9 Crimson for a year, running 250-300 rounds through it with no problems.
Accurate, good-looking, easily concealable reliable gun with low recoil using SIG 365 ammo.
ontos6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #6

Defective. Get it serviced.
motormac likes this.
Bentlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:37 AM   #7

Originally Posted by ontos6 View Post
I've carried my Kimber Micro 9 Crimson for a year, running 250-300 rounds through it with no problems.
Accurate, good-looking, easily concealable reliable gun with low recoil using SIG 365 ammo.
Congratulations
Old 09-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #8

Welcome aboard!
Great advice to call for warranty repairs.
Bigdog likes this.
motormac is online now   Reply With Quote