micro-9 oddity? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wayne

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 PM   #1

micro-9 oddity?

I have a micro-9 I have had for maybe a year more or less. I have fired a bunch of rounds through it as previously posted. However, one thing has been a little "odd" during the frequent cleaning cycles.

On my micro, the ejector seems a little odd. While I need to press it down to get install the slide/barrel, the slide can actually move past the ejector with the ejector touching it on the inside left side. IE, looking at the gun from the rear, the ejector just barely contacts the left-hand part of the slide where it contacts the frame. Fits in the slide groove just fine.

Gun seems to run just fine, no failure to eject, failure to feed, failure to fires whatsoever during the first 500-600 rounds. BUT, the question persists. Other pistols I have had that used that kind of ejector mechanism would see the ejector impact directly on the rear of the slide until it is depressed. Are all micro-9's like this ejector-wise or does this sound like perhaps a faulty ejector that might become a problem in the future???
BobHyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2019, 09:44 AM   #2

Both my micro 9 and micro .380 are the same way. Pretty sure its by design, whether there's a purpose for it or not I don't know
chambh likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote