Micro 9 build - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro 9 Forum

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2019, 05:34 AM   #1

Micro 9 build

Well, I have been debating this for some time. Really like my Micro 9. Bought it new when they 1st came out ran at least 1,000 rounds with a few hiccups at the beginning. And itís been my carry ever since. Now looking to do some things different. Currently the slide is at Galloway getting milled for the RMSc and having suppressor height sights added.
I Replaced the MSH with a black aluminum piece from Kimber (original was plastic) And possibly adding front serrations or milling work on the front of the slide. Here is a few photos of the new MSH on a silver / grey lower.

Excited to get the slide back and mount the optic. Then up next is replacing the trigger. Galloway will be releasing a new trigger next year for us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F6064493-C7E9-41AD-9074-526E83CB103D.jpeg (1.85 MB, 41 views)
Rocketboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #2

Wanted to add a few more photos. Here with the Streamlight TLR-6. And grip tape at the front of the grip. A big thanks to 1000RR and 46QJI for the idea. Will try this and see how long it holds Up. Then may look into checkering.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:45 AM   #3

Received the slide back from Galloway Precision after my holiday break. Here it is mounted on the Micro 9. First thoughts the front sight looks a bit square. Does not look as good as Galloways P938 listed on their website. Will need to round the front and maybe add serrations to the rear. Then re-blue or paint the front sight.
The Shields RMSC has been on back order thru my local dealer for some time. So, it maybe a while before itís mounted.

Hope to take the Micro 9 to the range this week and see how it does with the slide modification.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:52 AM   #4

Very nice so far. I'm anxious to see the rig once the optic is mounted.

Do you not think the little pistol may be overwhelmed with the optic, at least aesthetically?
2sharp2 and Rocketboy like this.
Rick in Oregon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #5

I have to be honest, I was into it until I saw the front sight, it is awful. That sight would not work for me. Waiting to see finished product.

I thought the whole concept of a Micro9 was small, lightweight, concealable pistol in a 9mm package? Maybe it still fits into that profile. Anyway have t your way.

So they didn't have a RMR mount that better matched the width of the slide?
Rocketboy likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #6

Yes, still small and lightweight. Had to take the leap. Since no other photos of information is out there for the Micro 9 on Optic mounts and Optic options. From looking at photos the optic mount fits the Sig much better then the Kimber.

Galloways website shows more photos of the Sig system. Hope I don’t offend anyone by posting these. Here is a photo of what I was hoping would be achieved similar to the Sig 938.

The 2 smallest optics available to date is the Shields RMSc and the Jpoint. The mount I had installed is for the Shields RMSc.

.42E63F1D-C126-472B-BA51-4C17895FA791.jpg
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #7

You haven't offended me, but, I may offend you for which I apologize in advance. For the Micro 9's intended purpose for most people, those are some expensive and silly mods. But it's your pistol and I hope you enjoy it
Rocketboy likes this.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #8

Only thing you need on that now is a suppressor.
Tejun and Rocketboy like this.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:31 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
Yes, still small and lightweight. Had to take the leap. Since no other photos of information is out there for the Micro 9 on Optic mounts and Optic options. From looking at photos the optic mount fits the Sig much better then the Kimber.

.Attachment 117202
I admired your bravery by taking that ďleapĒ. You saved a lot of us Micro 9 owner/s who wanted to go on that route and letting our handsome Micro 9ís being butchered and loose itís exquisite look. Though I agree that it fits better on Sig for the reason being that the slide of the Sig is square compared to the Micro 9 tapered slide. Hope you can fix that front sight and by mounting the optics, you can achieve your gunís tacticool look. God bless
Rocketboy and whetrick1 like this.
m9_wudlandnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:07 AM   #10

Does it still carry well in a pocket? ;-)
Rocketboy likes this.
Bentlink is online now   Reply With Quote