Kimber Talk Forums banner

Micro 9 Laser Grip compatible with Alien Gear Holsters?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Godric93 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has modified (trimmed) an Alien Gear ShapeShifter 4.0 Holster Shell to fit a Micro 9 with laser grips? How did it work? I know it voids the warranty... Also, has anyone tried the Alien Gear pocket holster for the same?

#5 · (Edited)
I spoke with a rep from AlienGear and told them I modified an Alien Gear holster (not ShapeShift ) shell to fit a Micro9 with Laser grip. I used a dremel tool. They suggested I purchase a ShapeShift and see if I could do the same thing. If I felt like I could not do it, send it back for for a refund. Once I would dremel it they wont take it back. There were no plans to make a ShapeShift for a Micro9 with laser grips as of yet. Looking at it real hard, I think the clamp is too high to dremel were the Laser will sit while gun it holstered. I was looking for a AIWB holster.

#6 ·
I did the Alien Gear Shape Shifter Modification with a Dremel tool! You barely have to take off a little piece about 1/4" x 1/4". Barely noticeable and it does not change the fit or trigger retention one bit. Alien Gear should just change there mold ever so slightly. It would not even be noticeable and fit standard grips as well as the Crimpson Laser Grips. Yes, I did most likely void my holster's warranty, if they noticed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.