Kimber Talk Forums banner

Ordered My 1st Micro 9mm

6K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Short Fuse 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Ordering = Crap shoot. Did you consider buying online from Gunbroker, Buds, KentuckyGun etc.?

#8 ·
It's probably posted somewhere in this forum but since I am brand new here I haven't researched it yet but M Carbo make a trigger spring kit that reduces the trigger pull to 3 pounds. I just put one in mine and am going to the range this afternoon the see how well it works. I also put a couple thousandths hone on the sear to smooth the action.

https://www.mcarbo.com/kimber-micro-9-trigger-spring-kit.aspx

#23 ·
Congrats on the birth of your new baby.

#25 · (Edited)
Bass Pro Shops usually has Kimbers in stock. They are a decent Kimber Supplier.
I loved the Micro 9 but the trigger pull was extremely heavy for me. I got the MCarbo spring set and put it it after I had put 100 rounds through the gun. Then it started dropping magazines. In order to send it to Kimber, I had to restore it but I kept all the parts. It was there and back in 8 days. Then I replaced the springs again.

I just received my Wheeler Trigger Gauge. After the change of springs, my Micro9 has a release at about 4 pounds 5 ounces which is almost exactly the same as my 1911 Pro Carry II

#26 ·
Bass Pro Shops usually has Kimbers in stock. They are a decent Kimber Supplier.
I loved the Micro 9 but the trigger pull was extremely heavy for me. I got the MCarbo spring set and put it it after I had put 100 rounds through the gun. Then it started dropping magazines. In order to send it to Kimber, I had to restore it but I kept all the parts. It was there and back in 8 days. Then I replaced the springs again.

I just received my Wheeler Trigger Gauge. After the change of springs, my Micro9 has a release at about 4 pounds 5 ouces which is almost exactly the same as my 1911 Pro Carry II
My M9's only problem was/is it dropping the magazine too. Like you I have installed the MCarbo kit. My gun is out of the one year warranty but I was going to call Kimber to get a price on the mag drop repair. Now I'm hesitant to do so as I don't want to be reinstalling the kit. I guess I need to give them a call.

#29 ·
I just talked with Kimber and as mentioned the gun will be returned only in factory form with the MCarbo parts in the box. They also said they can't give me a price without first inspecting it. They went on to recommend seeking out a local gunsmith to make repairs. I need to chew on this before I make a decision.

#30 ·
My understanding is/has been they will charge about $165 just to restore it.
If you put the MCarbo set in, you should be able to replace it yourself. Even a gunsmith shouldn't charge more than $50 which is a lot less than $165.
There are some excellent YouTube help videos.
Save the money and buy ammo.
Once you have restored the Micro, sending it in and getting a free repair is worth the time.
PS. You shouldn't have told them about the MCarbo. Just restore it and request they inspect and repair it. Don't mention it again. Talk nice and they will do it for free. Don't give them too much information. When you get it back,put the MCarbo back in. The parts are reusable.

I was nervous and jerky about modifying my Micro but after restoring it as purchased and then putting MCarbo back in when it was repaired, I'm not nervous anymore. Just a little bit jerky now.

#31 ·
I'm also having the mag drop issue but only with 8rd mags. 7rd works fine. I'm going to install a heavier mag catch spring to see if that fixes it. Or even stretching the stock spring out and reinstall it. I've read of others putting straps of aluminum tape on one side of the mag to snug it up a little bit. They claim that works too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.