Love my Micros - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #1

Love my Micros

I bought my first Micro Carry and with minor problems with failure to return to battery I at first remedied with wolf springs. I decided to buy another and that led to another and now I have four. Since switching all to Kimber flatwire springs and new guide rods they all run 100% with any ammo brand I can find. I just love these guns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KimberMicro.jpg (1.28 MB, 30 views)
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Jflytle and 7 others like this.
fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #2

Nice collection fifthgear, glad to hear their all running great.
fifthgear and starnovi like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #3

Looks like a nice collection.Thanks for sharing!

Yes I am a Democrat,that love his guns!
If1Hitu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #4

Atta boy 5thgear I don't know anyone that owns 4 Micro Carry's.

I have quite a few Ultra's so I'm not going to say anything else. lol

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #5

...I've got $5.00 says he gets #5 by August, any takers?

...nice lookin Micros fifthgear :-)
Hoffbrew, fifthgear and starnovi like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #6

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
...I've got $5.00 says he gets #5 by August, any takers?

...nice lookin Micros fifthgear :-)
I'm not sure I will even take that bet. I keep telling myself that's enough though.

Actually I had my mind made up to by a micro 9. Unfortunately there are none in my area yet. The local Cabelas show they have in limited quantities but I suppose they are hoarding them waiting for the employees to get a pay check so they can buy them because they gave me a bs story that maybe they are for a bass boat promotion or something. They seem to keep all the hard to get/popular models in the back room listed as limited quantities online. I bought two that way and had to ask for them. They brought them out of the back for me but didn't seem too happy about it. They were never brought to the display case. I wonder if corporate knows they are missing sales? Maybe they try to get rid of the harder sellers first, who knows.
After that experience I decided to just wait until the 9s are offered with ambi safety and night sights. I leaned that I really like those options from my two micros without. I did end up putting the night sights on my SS MC. Actually they weren't as tight a fit as my Ultras were, not as hard on my sight pusher anyway.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #7

I had the night sights installed on mine and think they're a big improvement too. Since you've got several of the flat wire springs I wanted to ask if you've compared them? On the one I have I found one end is slightly smaller (1/2mm or so) in diameter? I've been running with the smaller end on the lug end of the guide rod. Do the ones you have look to be consistent in size and diameter?
On that bet, maybe I'll get more action if I change it to "which Micro .380 will fifthgear get by August" rather than "will fifthgear get another Micro .380 by August"? I've had no takers :-)
Old 07-10-2016, 08:31 AM   #8

Very nice Team !
jfsjr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #9

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
I had the night sights installed on mine and think they're a big improvement too. Since you've got several of the flat wire springs I wanted to ask if you've compared them? On the one I have I found one end is slightly smaller (1/2mm or so) in diameter? I've been running with the smaller end on the lug end of the guide rod. Do the ones you have look to be consistent in size and diameter?
On that bet, maybe I'll get more action if I change it to "which Micro .380 will fifthgear get by August" rather than "will fifthgear get another Micro .380 by August"? I've had no takers :-)
I got word on the street that the new micros had a new set up rod and spring. I took a chance and ordered two three-spring sets and they were the flat springs. It was amazing to me that the flat springs had the exact same part number. Usually a new designed part has some extra designation such as "A"/"B" "1"/"2" or something to designate new style vs old style.

I called Kimber America to discuss the new part and they sent me three new rods with the springs for the three micros I owned at that time. The newest micro Raptor already had the new rod and spring. At another LGS when purchasing the DC they brought all the new stock from the back and they let me check every micro on display and the ones from the back room and only one had the new set up. They let me swap out the set up from the DC with LG to the DC I purchased.

All of the flat springs I have are very consistent in length and size with one end being ever so slightly smaller on that last coil. They reach a "set" really quickly and after only 50 rounds they will be quite a bit shorter. I am not sure what the life of the spring is truly going to be and with so many pistols to shoot I'm sure I won't be the first one to report on how many thousands of rounds expected out of these flat springs.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #10

...on the stock flat wire set ups you've looked at did you notice if the smaller diameter was on the lug or muzzle end? I'm presuming it should be on the lug end but looking for confirmation.