Kimber Micro Carry - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #21

I also like cheap plastic Austrian junk

Until my Ultra gets here and broken in, that Austrian junk is what I carry every day.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Nice group picture! I've got some of that Austrian plastic junk too.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #23

That's a nice looking group. Nothing wrong with having an Austrian plastic gun. It goes bang every single time.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #24

One of my local shops has one. Hoffman guns in Berlin , CT. Not sure of the price due to the wrong tag on it. It does have the crimson grips on though.
Tommy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #25

I did a side by side yesterday with a Sig and a Micro, all of us were amazed at the similarity. The safeties are absolutely identical. I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence or? I really appreciate any and all range reports on all guns but especially the Solo and the Micro. I'm still not 100% confident that they are as dependable as my 1911's. I expect my guns to go "bang" every time I pull the trigger, if they don't they're gone.
Walkingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Walkingman View Post
I did a side by side yesterday with a Sig and a Micro, all of us were amazed at the similarity. The safeties are absolutely identical. I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence or? I really appreciate any and all range reports on all guns but especially the Solo and the Micro. I'm still not 100% confident that they are as dependable as my 1911's. I expect my guns to go "bang" every time I pull the trigger, if they don't they're gone.
I completely agree with you, as a new owner of the Sig P238 (because I couldn't find my first choice a Micro Carry) I've been working with it. I've run a couple of hundred rounds through it so far and I haven't experienced any problems with it other then the gritty safety and overly heavy trigger. I have done a little tweaking on the trigger and dry fired it a couple of thousand times and it's now a lot smoother and a little lighter. The safety was a matter of lubing it well and clicking it on and off a couple of hundred times. I use the factory 6 shot magazine and have 4 extended magazines with the pinky grip. That pinky grip makes a world of difference in my ability to grip and aim the gun, I'd guess I can shoot 20% more accurately with the extended magazine then with the flush fitting factory magazine. I am really becoming a fan of this little fella but still want to get my hands on a Kimber Micro Carry.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #27
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
Hi guys,

Tried posting this the other day but I don't think it took...

I picked up a Kimber Micro in black last week at a local dealer for $599. I have been carrying a Ruger LC9 on hot days or when my dress doesn't allow me to carry something bigger. I was attracted to the Micro because of it's close operation to a 1911.

Had it out to the range twice, shot about 150 rounds of blazer and some other old crap that my buddy had left over from a few years back. It had two failures to feed, both in the hands of my buddies at the time, other than that it ran smooth, shot real nice, next to no recoil, and the sights are good. The trigger is a thousand times better than the LC9 as you would expect.

Not sure if it is because this is my newest toy or not, but gotta say I really like it so far... I'm hoping to track down one of the extended mags from Kimber for it.
Ryborg, could you please take some pictures of it next time you break it down to clean it. I'd like to see both sides of the frame with the grips off if you could.

Tags
holster, micro carry

Search tags for this page

kimber micro carry

kimber micro carry extended magazine

kimber micro carry holster

kimber micro carry magazine

kimber micro carry review

kimber micro extended magazine
kimber micro extended magazines
p238 extended mag kimber micro
Click on a term to search for related topics.