Kimber Talk Forums banner

Kimber Micro Carry

8K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
Good Morning!

I just ordered a Kimber Micro Carry and should get it by the end of the week. Excited as IL has recently approved CC and I should be getting my license by month end. I am hoping it's as good as I think it will be as it will be a great gun for my wife to use as well.

Thoughts on a good carry holster?

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Thaifighter06, can I ask which dealer is ordering the Micro Carry for you? I also live in the Chicago suburbs and have been chasing this elusive gun for 2 years. Every dealer I've ever asked about it has done everything but laugh in my face. What kind of a holster are you looking for, if it's a pocket holster check out my thread "Broke down and bought a Sig" check out the similarities of the Micro Cary and the P238, the guns are almost identical. Pictures of the gun can be found on in post 1 and 80, pictures and a link to the holster I bought for it are in post 106.

#4 ·
I would be curious about a side by side comparison between the Kimber and a Sig p238 even a verbal from the gun counter over which one seems better, more solid, etc.
The Mrs. has a 238 and well I like Kimbers so you all can figure it out....:eek:

And welcome if in I haven't done that already.

Reactions: Marshall
#5 ·
Micro Carry

I bought my first Kimber via gunbroker from Shooters Supply and Law Enforcement Equipment out of Louisville, KY. The gentlemen I worked with, Kevin, was great to talk to and easy to work with. After the Pro Carry transaction I said I was interested in the Micro and asked him to let me know when he got some in. He emailed this past weekend and we closed up the deal today.

#8 ·
My mistake thaifighter06, I was under the impression you had ordered the Micro Carry through a dealer. It sounds like Kevin is just taking orders and filling them with purchases from gunbroker.

#9 ·
Hey guys. Funny you're talking about a micro. I just picked one up here in Louisville Ky from Shooters Sup....aw crap. Sorry.

Just kidding. I am from The Ville though. I shoot a Stainless Pro Carry II and love it. Welcome to the forum thaifighter.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
I ordered a micro today on gunbroker, was $610 with free shipping. Hope to get it by the end of the week, will post a range report. Also recently got a new Eclipse Custom II which is amazing. Hope the Micro is as nice.

My Micro is going to replace my Glock 27 for my primary carry gun. I was initially happy about the thought of a smaller firearm, but am somewhat having 2nd thoughts about a smaller caliber and lower magazine capacity. Guess I will get used to it or I won't.

#16 ·
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

Sky Water Water tower Tower Font

That sucks that your Micro Carry got sold out from under you!! :(:( Lots of folks are looking for this particular model and can't find it. I'm not a big fan of the .380 ACP cartridge. For a small, light carry pistol, I have a Smith and Wesson M&P40 Shield.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

I feel much better carrying a .40 S&W than a .380. That's just me!!;);) YMMV

#18 ·
#19 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum... I picked up the Kimber Micro Carry in black last Sunday, had it out to the range twice. Aside from two failure's to load, it ran great, about 250 rounds of blazer through it so far. Bought Pow'rBall for defensive carry.

It is a real pleasure to shoot, nice sights, next to no recoil.

Bought the gun or $599 at local shop, they said they got two, sold one the day before I got mine, I nabbed their last one.

I normally carry a Ruger LC9 in the summer, the Micro is gonna be my new goto, although the Ruger is 9mm, the trigger on the Micro with SA is so much better, plus the Kimber is all class. :cool:

I went with a knock-off sticky holster from Amazon for it, so far it is working well.

Here are some pics...

Compared to my Kimber Crimson Custom:
[/URL]
photo hosting[/IMG]

Here it is amongst some other handguns (1st row up & down, Ruger LC9, Walther PPK, Kimber Micro Carry... 2nd Row Colt .45, Kimber Crimson Custom .45... 3rd Row Plastic Austrian Junk :p):

#20 ·
Hi guys,

Tried posting this the other day but I don't think it took...

I picked up a Kimber Micro in black last week at a local dealer for $599. I have been carrying a Ruger LC9 on hot days or when my dress doesn't allow me to carry something bigger. I was attracted to the Micro because of it's close operation to a 1911.

Had it out to the range twice, shot about 150 rounds of blazer and some other old crap that my buddy had left over from a few years back. It had two failures to feed, both in the hands of my buddies at the time, other than that it ran smooth, shot real nice, next to no recoil, and the sights are good. The trigger is a thousand times better than the LC9 as you would expect.

Not sure if it is because this is my newest toy or not, but gotta say I really like it so far... I'm hoping to track down one of the extended mags from Kimber for it.

Here are some pics along side some other guns for comparison.

Kimber Micro and Kimber Crimson Custom:

photo hosting

1st Row (up and down): Ruger LC9, Walther PPK, Kimber Micro
2nd Row: Ruger 22/45, Colt .45, Kimber Crimson Custom
3rd Row: Cheap Austrian Plastic Junk ;) 9mm & .45

image upload no registration

#27 ·
Hi guys,

Tried posting this the other day but I don't think it took...

I picked up a Kimber Micro in black last week at a local dealer for $599. I have been carrying a Ruger LC9 on hot days or when my dress doesn't allow me to carry something bigger. I was attracted to the Micro because of it's close operation to a 1911.

Had it out to the range twice, shot about 150 rounds of blazer and some other old crap that my buddy had left over from a few years back. It had two failures to feed, both in the hands of my buddies at the time, other than that it ran smooth, shot real nice, next to no recoil, and the sights are good. The trigger is a thousand times better than the LC9 as you would expect.

Not sure if it is because this is my newest toy or not, but gotta say I really like it so far... I'm hoping to track down one of the extended mags from Kimber for it.
Ryborg, could you please take some pictures of it next time you break it down to clean it. I'd like to see both sides of the frame with the grips off if you could.

#21 ·
I also like cheap plastic Austrian junk ;)

Until my Ultra gets here and broken in, that Austrian junk is what I carry every day. :rolleyes:

#25 ·
I did a side by side yesterday with a Sig and a Micro, all of us were amazed at the similarity. The safeties are absolutely identical. I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence or? I really appreciate any and all range reports on all guns but especially the Solo and the Micro. I'm still not 100% confident that they are as dependable as my 1911's. I expect my guns to go "bang" every time I pull the trigger, if they don't they're gone. ;)

#26 ·
I completely agree with you, as a new owner of the Sig P238 (because I couldn't find my first choice a Micro Carry) I've been working with it. I've run a couple of hundred rounds through it so far and I haven't experienced any problems with it other then the gritty safety and overly heavy trigger. I have done a little tweaking on the trigger and dry fired it a couple of thousand times and it's now a lot smoother and a little lighter. The safety was a matter of lubing it well and clicking it on and off a couple of hundred times. I use the factory 6 shot magazine and have 4 extended magazines with the pinky grip. That pinky grip makes a world of difference in my ability to grip and aim the gun, I'd guess I can shoot 20% more accurately with the extended magazine then with the flush fitting factory magazine. I am really becoming a fan of this little fella but still want to get my hands on a Kimber Micro Carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.