Waa, Waa, Waa, Waaa.......... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #1

Waa, Waa, Waa, Waaa..........

Alright, got that out of my system! Today's and yesterday's range session with the Micro 380 WAS AWFUL!!!!!!!!

I tried Federal, Fiochhi, Aguila.......AWFUL!!!!!!!

I hate Kimbers...ok, now then. The gun only allows the first round into it's it"sy bit"sy chamber about 1/4 of the time. Then, the gun will not go into battery about 1/4 of the time.....leaving, well not leaving much.

Guess I'll call Kimber tomorrow. But, I have had Smith's, Kahr's, Springer's, and a couple of others that needed to go back from where they came, so I am not in a big tizzy yet. I did give up my boring Glock 42 for this gun. It seemed to run perfect all the time?

I noticed a member of the forum has had similar problems fixed by guide rod and spring? Mine acts like the gun is too lazy to move forward and the videos I have seen on the Micro show a recoil spring that is CLOSED on one end and OPEN on another. Mine is open on both ends? Difference maker???
starnovi likes this.
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #2

OK, calm on down. Mine had FTE, FTF, and failure to lock back problems. I called Yonkers and they sent a new (flat wound) recoil spring, and a notched guide rod. Just this morning I was at the range--200 rounds of good old WWB; Not one failure of any kind, it ran like a champ. New spring looks to me to be the same ID on either end--I dunno.' I do know it works. Also, just for the hell of it I put the old guide rod in and fired 50 of the 200 rounds; also worked perfectly. Call, order, replace, be happy.

My Glock 42 works perfectly also--but pull the trigger side by side with your Kimber. Big difference, Kimber is much smoother!
Rangemeister and starnovi like this.

Last edited by 80 deuce; 08-07-2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: final thought
80 deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #3

...sounds like you already have the flatwire spring. If both ends are open and the guide rod end has a barrel contouring notch, you've got the new one. If you do have to send her in I'm sure she'll come back running well. Sorry to hear things didn't go so well this first time out.
starnovi likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #4

The new spring and guide rod did the trick for me. Although Yonkers also replaced the slide stop, adjusted the extractor and polished everything up. But I'm convinced the stronger recoil spring/guide rod combo was the solution to all the failures to go into battery. After a few hundred rounds since it came back it's now my favorite pistol.
starnovi likes this.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:27 PM   #5

Thanks you all, I was just mocking a post I read early this weekend. I am pretty sure it is minor thing. The spring is the flatwire, so I suppose it will have to go in. OK then.
starnovi likes this.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #6

When we go to the range with the wife's Micro Carry...I shoot in a little oil every now and then to keep it going. It had some problems but I think it has gotten broken in now. I have no problems shooting it when I have it. Hope you get the bugs worked out. How far are you from the Boro?
starnovi likes this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:20 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Hope you get the bugs worked out. How far are you from the Boro?
Hey Markie, I am in Outpost regularly!

Called the Mother ship this am. The rep referenced my serial number and said she would send me a new recoil spring/guide rod and she also said there have others with similar issues that the new spring etc fixed. I will say that the premium self defense ammo seems to work "better" but not the 100% a person needs.
starnovi likes this.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #8

I got the NEW SPRING BLUES

Received the new guide rod and spring assembly for my Micro today from Kimber. Put it altogether and headed for the range.

I put 80 rounds through the thing and had 15 to 20 separate occasions of jamming, fail to go into battery, and fail to feed. [email protected]#N, it is going back to the Yonkers. I was hoping the thing would improve after the new spring etc, but now over 200 rds and the gun is a flop.
starnovi likes this.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:08 PM   #9

Send it back and hopefully you will be a happy camper when you get it back! They normally do an excellent job.
Rangemeister and starnovi like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:40 AM   #10

par for the course
exit plan is offline   Reply With Quote