Range Trip #2 with new Micro 380 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Tejun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #1

Range Trip #2 with new Micro 380

Received my new spring and guide rod from Kimber last week. Got it installed (was a bit more tricky to get in than the old one). Gun was cleaned and ready for another range trip. Headed to the range yesterday afternoon. Remembered to bring the flush magazine this time

Loaded up both the flush 6 rnd mag and the modified sig extended mag with 95 gr Remington FMJs. Cycled both magazines with no issues at all. Reloaded again with same ammo and had no hiccups. Next I tried the Winchester JHPs I was shooting the last time and first round (Sig Mag) was a FTE. Got it cleared and two rounds later had a FTF. Cycled the slide but round did not load. Cycled again, same thing would not feed round into chamber. Finally got it to load a round on third try and finished that mag with no issues. Next up was the flush mag with the Winchester ammo and had no issues. Reloaded the flush mag with the Winchester and had a FTF.

Next I went to American Eagle ammo FMJ. The Micro handled those rounds with no issues except the slide would not lock on last round (Sig mag). Finished the range visit with a little over 100 rnds (Remington, AE & Monarch - all FMJs). No issues other than the failure to lock open on last round, but this was ONLY with the Sig mag and it was not every time. It appears there is an issue with the magazine and not the Micro. I've ordered a Sig 7 rnd mag and will make another trip when it arrives. It also appears not to like the Winchester JHPs but I need to try that ammo one more time to verify that suspicion.

I also plan to bring my Colt Mustang and try that Sig mag with it. I've been using a 7 rnd Sig mag with this pistol for well over a year with no issues.

All in all, I liked the way the M380 was shooting. Range target pic attached. Shot at 7 & 10 yrds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Range Trip 2 - Kimber Micro 380.jpg (101.0 KB, 8 views)
Markie, Cybercycle and starnovi like this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #2

Great shooting....just noticed this posting.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:16 AM   #3

Good to see your Micro is running well. Nice shooting too :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #4

Nice shooting! Hope the pistol continues to improve for you. Nice is improving, but not at 100% yet. I'm interested to know which ammo you will continue to use in your micro. Thanks.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #5

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
Nice shooting! Hope the pistol continues to improve for you. Nice is improving, but not at 100% yet. I'm interested to know which ammo you will continue to use in your micro. Thanks.
Howdy Starnovi !
I will be posting another range report in morning. Had some improvement but still not flawless like my M9 has been. So far I've shot Remington, American Eagle, Monarch and Winchester FMJ, all 95gr. What I have been able to determine is this gun WILL NOT handle Winchester JHP rounds. I cannot get it to chamber a round with slide locked back and inserting a fresh mag nor go through a complete mag without some type of an issue.

My range trip today ended with a FTE and the casing stuck in the chamber and I could not get it out, so packed up and went back to the office. This was Winchester ammo but FMJ. I had put close to 100 rnds through it by that time aand it was pretty dirty when I took it down this evening, so will make another range trip next week and continue gettin it broke in.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote