Back from mother ship - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #1

Back from mother ship

Well, my Micro has been sent back from Yonkers, only two weeks and I am in Louisiana, I did tell them I will not be back, guess they paid no attention.
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #2

I guess Kimber just doesn't know who there messing huh!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:11 PM   #3

Y'all fee free to have all Yonkered pistols sent to my address. That way you don't have to worry about your travel plans.
Rangemeister and Hoffbrew like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #4

Originally Posted by swca View Post
I guess Kimber just doesn't know who there messing huh!
Guess not..... I reckon the beast will get a little respite in the confines of UPS center.

Last edited by Rangemeister; 09-09-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Rangemeister View Post
Guess not..... I reckon the beast will get a little respite in the confines of UPS center.
UPS will attempt 3 times and then hold it for 10 days...After that it may head back to Yonkers unless you contact UPS to hold it...
Chuck43 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:59 AM   #6

Yeah Marshall, got it. I talked to a rep on the first delivery day and she said SHE would notify my hub. I then got another notice of a second attempt to deliver and I set up a "my choice" account. So Let this be a lesson:
1.) Despite talking to CS rep, gun got sent back 11 days earlier than promised.
2.) Despite addressing the travel problem in my "letter" to smiths re travel issue, still got sent early
3.) Despite TALKING to UPS rep, gun did not get held in local hub, but a second delivery attempt was made.
4.) Don't allow health issues to get in the way of a perfectly suitable gun transaction between large corporations and their delivery plans.

Damn me, if only I would have not reacted adversely to those freakin medical procedures.

The other point I am really concerned about, why did Kimber only have the gun a little over a week? I hope I don't get home and find the gun has the infamous "gun within specifications" notice from them........

Last edited by Rangemeister; 09-10-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #7

I guess all's well that......

Finally picked up my Micro Friday and went to the range Saturday. I was pleased to get the gun and read the enclosed document from Yonkers that stated the following:
Barrel was refinished
Chamber was reamed and polished
Extractor was adjusted
Gun test fired after repair with 18 rds of Pierce 100gr RNHB and 6 rds Hornady 90gr XPD

additionally: ejector, sear, sear pin, firing pin spring, and recoil spring replaced as a complimentary service. (getting pretty standard, but also pretty da#% good Kimber service)

Results of rangetime were GREAT! I took some laying around 380 acp ammo that included, 25 Aguila 95gr, 25 Factory Reman 100gr, 20 Remington 95gr, and finished with 20 Federal Hydro Shox. NO malfunctions at all. Well, I did have a reman swell in the chamber and would not eject, but reman is for range use only. Counting Kimber's test, 114 rds of 0 malfunctions. I am very pleased. I will get some range time soon and check accuracy to report. But, gotta say, Kimber CS did a great job from what I can see to this point!
swca, cousinmark, Pops6116 and 3 others like this.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #8

Great Day with the Micro

Well, the fall is finally coming our way. I decided to go back out to the range today with my Micro 380 and again do a function test after it's return from Yonkers.

The first 70 rds of Freedom Muntions 100 gr FMJ and Silent Nt factory 100 gr remans went totally without hitch. So I grabbed the 42 rds of Fiocchi 90gr JHP I had and shot the gun for accuracy. As I have stated on this forum before, I like shooting both hands, one handed, rapid fire etc and after shooting the 42 rds, felt pretty good about this gun and it's accuracy. The target attached is from 21 ft. And still NO problems with the gun.

Oh yeah, I also took my Kahr P9 and Beretta 70S and shot these guns as well. All in all had a great day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg micro.JPG (161.6 KB, 7 views)
swca, Markie and Bobtuba like this.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #9

Looks good....yeah....I like this cool weather that we are having. A great day to go to the range.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #10

The initial dissatisfaction and frustration you had to go through is very unfortunate. I am glad you are pleased and have been able to go to the range and finally get some enjoyment from your Kimber. Nice to know that Kimber CS stands for customer service and nothing else. How about pics of the pistols. Clean lube and shoot!
Rangemeister likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Last edited by swca; 09-26-2016 at 09:38 PM.
swca is offline   Reply With Quote