Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By Donald

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2016, 03:17 PM   #1

9/15/16 100% again :-)

...Micro ran perfect today, 100 rounds of Fiocchi 95gr FMJ. I'm now up to 700 rounds on the flatwire spring and although it's a bit shorter than a new one still looks good. Prior to shooting the Micro I ran 100 rounds through a Ruger LC9s, nice little pistol, but not a soft shooter. Left my hand a little numb, that's my excuse for the less than stellar target :-)
...shot at 25'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (1.74 MB, 6 views)
cousinmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #2

Nice shooting. Glad to hear that your 380 is running well. Thanks for the tip on the Fiocchi 95gr FMJ or the 90gr XTP. I don't recall seeing them at my range, but I will look for them this weekend at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna.

I have a Ruger LC9 too, the trigger hurts my finger! I don't think I've ever shot it as well as I do the Kimber. I'm always waiting for the bang when the trigger catches, makes me jump a bit.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #3

I haven't found the Fiocchi ammo on the shelf anywhere except at Cabella's once. There are two versions of 95gr FMJ one comes in a red box and the other is called "pistol shooting dynamics", comes in a blue box. The blue box stuff costs a dollar or so more a box and is harder to find. Sportsman's Guide has blue box in stock, Rare Ammo and Brownells both seem to always have the red box. Both seem to be kinda like the CCI MiniMags of .380 and even with shipping (no tax) it's cheaper to order than what I find in the stores.
cousinmark is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #4

Great to hear such a good range report.

I will bet all our "recoiled and resprung" Micros will eat a wider variety of ammo types without the prior belch or hiccup experienced before.
cousinmark likes this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote