Sig 380 mags? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #1

Sig 380 mags?

I have looked on this forum and confess I am not very patient, so...As I was looking through the depths of my little wall safe, I found a Sig P238 extended mag hiding in the shadows.

I tried it with much excitement and discovered it jams every first and second round into the ramp. I tried the mag in my Colt and it worked fine. I changed out followers, Colt from Sig, still jammed. Reversed spring, still jammed. Took spring and follower from working Mecgar mag and still jamming.

Anyone have any that actually work? Thanks
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #2

Just as I suspected. I found a March 2014 post on this forum discussing this very issue. Funny how a search on this forum doesn't turn up the same results as a "google" search.

Now I know they do match, which is exactly what I thought. Now, what is wrong with this mag? I did the small re-do of the finger extension. Also, when the finger extender is removed, the mag works fine on my Colt, but not the Kimber???????
cousinmark likes this.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #3

My wife has a P238 with 3 extended mags and they all work well.
scotty5775 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #4

I tried a Sig P 238, 6 round mag in my Micro 380 and it was fine. The P238 extended did not work for me. I think I read on here that they needed some finessing to fit the M380. Don't think that is something that I could do myself.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #5

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
I tried a Sig P 238, 6 round mag in my Micro 380 and it was fine. The P238 extended did not work for me. I think I read on here that they needed some finessing to fit the M380. Don't think that is something that I could do myself.
I am wondering if the "finessing" you speak of may be related to the plastic finger extension? I did discover the mags work ok with hardball, but will not chamber HP's. Got to be angle of arrival. I tried to adjust the follower and it did work once, but boo hoo......
Old 09-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #6

I have four extended mags for my P238. Never had a stoppage with any of them.
Rangemeister likes this.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #7

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I have four extended mags for my P238. Never had a stoppage with any of them.
D&%n, just my luck, find a mag that has been in the back of the darkened depths forever, only to find out it is not working properly.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Rangemeister View Post
D&%n, just my luck, find a mag that has been in the back of the darkened depths forever, only to find out it is not working properly.
...maybe not? There've been several reports of the Sig extended mags being fitted to work in a Kimber Micro. It involves cutting or filing down the plastic base a tad. If you scroll down the Micro .380 posts there are a few on this topic. Some with pics and measurements, good luck :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #9

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
...maybe not? There've been several reports of the Sig extended mags being fitted to work in a Kimber Micro. It involves cutting or filing down the plastic base a tad. If you scroll down the Micro .380 posts there are a few on this topic. Some with pics and measurements, good luck :-)
Already done that. I tried using JUST the mag and it doesn't work with HP ammo in the Micro, but does in the Colt? I also trimmed the plastic down to where a suitable seating is achieved, but to no avail. Thanks though.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #10

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
CousinMark identified a few posts that regard this issue. You can probably take this on without much to do really.
starnovi likes this.

Search tags for this page

kimber micro 380 extended mag plate

sig kimber mag 380

Click on a term to search for related topics.