• 9 Post By Bobtuba
  • 2 Post By Rumfire
  • 3 Post By swca
  • 4 Post By Bobtuba
  • 4 Post By Rumfire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #1

Now it's the little brother's turn

So last year I decided it was time to own an American 1911 after experience with a variety of foreign automatic pistols, some hammer fired and some striker fired. I settled on a stainless custom TLE/RL and have been more than pleased with the weapon. Yes, there were a couple of FTFs and FTRTBs during the break in period (none were the fault of the pistol) but since then, smooth sailing. And compared to anything else I've shot, it points like the Hand of God.
Present day: I wanted to replace my EDC pistol with something with a reasonable trigger, so yesterday I picked up a Micro Carry with Crimson Trace. I noted it already had the new recoil spring and guide rod. Took it to the range this morning and put 200 various rounds through it. 3 FTEs, but only with a certain mid-range Titegroup load and 95gr FMCs. No issues with 100s or any BE loads. Hmmm. Seemed to shoot a little left and low, but maybe that's me.
Anyway, well-pleased so far. Still need to check some 90XTPs for feed and function, and finish the break in. Happy owner so far.
Bobtuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-24-2016, 06:15 AM   #2

Originally Posted by Bobtuba View Post
I wanted to replace my EDC pistol with something with a reasonable trigger, so yesterday I picked up a Micro Carry with Crimson Trace. I noted it already had the new recoil spring and guide rod. Took it to the range this morning and put 200 various rounds through it. 3 FTEs, but only with a certain mid-range Titegroup load and 95gr FMCs. No issues with 100s or any BE loads. Hmmm. Seemed to shoot a little left and low, but maybe that's me.
Anyway, well-pleased so far. Still need to check some 90XTPs for feed and function, and finish the break in. Happy owner so far.
My Micro Carry is only a few weeks old, but I'm very happy with it too. Only failures I've had is the slide refusing to stay open after the last shot a few times, and I wish the trigger pull were lighter than the 7 or 8 lbs. this one has. Enjoy your new pistol!
Pops6116 and Bobtuba like this.
Rumfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:33 AM   #3

I need pictures of your new micro's. I cannot buy a NIB micro in CA. but I can live vicariously through you guys with the micros but I need pictures to make my fantasies come true! Not sure how I got started living that way may have something to do with pictures in my big brothers magazines he subscribed too. Who knows I am not a shrink!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #4

Happy to help, swca.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0908.JPG (814.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-24-2016, 02:54 PM   #5

Originally Posted by swca View Post
I need pictures of your new micro's. I cannot buy a NIB micro in CA. but I can live vicariously through you guys with the micros but I need pictures to make my fantasies come true! Not sure how I got started living that way may have something to do with pictures in my big brothers magazines he subscribed too. Who knows I am not a shrink!
OK, here's one for you: My stainless Micro Carry in it's new little IWB holster:
swca, cousinmark, JC45 and 1 others like this.
Rumfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #6

Wow, love that description, "points like the hand of God". My UC2 is that way too. I also have the Micro 9 CT laser grips, really loving it so far. Just got it recently and have had it on the range twice. Shoots amazing with and without the laser. I've had a few failures too, but overall I'm happy with the pistol too. I bought a Sig P938 6 round mag and put 100 rounds through it the other day without any problems.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #7

Well, it looks like the little brother needs to go back for the Yonkers Spa Treatment. After 500 rounds, I am still getting consistent FTEs – one occurs on the average every 30 rounds, and it hasn't improved. So off it goes tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #8

Thanks for the pictures beautiful guns! I am sure kimber will adjust the extractor or replace it. At any rate they will take care of you that I am sure.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote