Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 4 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By 80 deuce
  • 1 Post By Nellybelle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #1

Been a while

It has been several weeks since I brought my .380 Micro to the range; let alone shoot it. New spring, new guide rod. Ammo was Hornady Critical Defense, and Sig Sauer 100 grain. No problems what so ever EXCEPT!!! Failure to lock back on last round.
No limp wrist, no dirty gun, no messed up magazine. WTF? I've been back and forth with Yonkers, taken advise from the forums. I do not and will not drown it in oil like some have alluded to. Factory spec lube followed. I cannot trust this to be my EDC. Range pistol only. You can make all the excuses you want, for me, the cure for the Micro 380 is a Glock. If this angers some die hards then tell me how you expect to fare in a gun fight with a questionable fire arms? My guess is that with rare exception only a few have actually been in a gunfight. Me? 2. The secret is sending more lead down range than your opponent. Mechanical failure of any kind is not an option. I'm done.
80 deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #2

Dont blame you a bit.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:04 AM   #3

I wouldn't be happy either. Sorry to hear.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2016, 06:08 AM   #4

Sorry to hear that Deuce, I can't say I blame you. I'm curious if anyone at Kimber has offered to replace the slide stop? If the only problem is failing to lock out at the last round and you've tried a few magazines I'm thinking the stop is worth a try? They may send you one for free if you ask?
Chuck43 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Anybody that's been in 2 gun fights and still depends on a .380 for protection has more cajones then me.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Anybody that's been in 2 gun fights and still depends on a .380 for protection has more cajones then me.
One was an issued S&W 38 snubbie, the other was a 1911, 45.
Nellybelle and Chuck43 like this.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:44 AM   #7

Has got to be the mag or the stop. Can't be much else I think. Call Kimber and h.ve them send you a new slide stop. Also change mags. Stick with it until it is right. It will be once you find the right fix.
I too use to carry a S&W snub nose on duty model 38. I still carry it from time to time. Always goes bang.
Chuck43 likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
Has got to be the mag or the stop. Can't be much else I think. Call Kimber and h.ve them send you a new slide stop. Also change mags. Stick with it until it is right. It will be once you find the right fix.
I too use to carry a S&W snub nose on duty model 38. I still carry it from time to time. Always goes bang.
OK, I'll try the new slide stop. The little gun shoots so sweet I know it would be a shame to get rid of it. I carry a Sig now in the cooler weather (wardrobe for cold weather) but the little Micro was perfect for hot desert days, where I reside. Tee shirts and such.
My Super Carry has not had a single failure of any kind--except for a few ammunition issues in the 2 years I've owned it. It is a jewel. That's what makes me wonder how one could be so good and the other such a let down. BTW, Model 38 was my pistol as well. Great gun except for capacity--but that's why God made speed loaders!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #9

Originally Posted by 80 deuce View Post
OK, I'll try the new slide stop. The little gun shoots so sweet I know it would be a shame to get rid of it. I carry a Sig now in the cooler weather (wardrobe for cold weather) but the little Micro was perfect for hot desert days, where I reside. Tee shirts and such.
My Super Carry has not had a single failure of any kind--except for a few ammunition issues in the 2 years I've owned it. It is a jewel. That's what makes me wonder how one could be so good and the other such a let down. BTW, Model 38 was my pistol as well. Great gun except for capacity--but that's why God made speed loaders!
...my PRO CDPII 9 runs 100% every time (I'm knocking on wood at the moment). It can happen :-)
...the only other thing that occurs to me with your Micro would be the magazine release? Does it hold the mags far enough up in the mag well? Mine always locks out on the last round. With a full 6 round mag in the well, round not chambered the mag can be pushed up approximately 1/64" and then the magazine base hits the frame. If the magazine on yours isn't being held up enough it could explain the failure to lock out issue. I'm sure Kimber would fix that for you if it were the case.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote