Micro .380...should I buy? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2016, 11:32 PM   #1

Micro .380...should I buy?

I currently have a Micro 9 and like it a lot. It alternates with a Taurus TCP as my EDC. The micro 9 is usually IWB or OWB. The Taurus is usually in a pocket holster in my pocket. I've been wanting to look into a Micro .380 or a Sig P238 because I like the manual of arms more than on the TCP. A store in my area will have the two tone Micro carry for $475 this weekend.

So...that's a really good price.

My current thoughts bounce between these options:

1) Dude! Grab it. You want one and it would match your 9! Go for it!

2) Look, you're comfortable with the TCP. The micro carry/p238 isn't going to do anything more than the TCP except lighten your wallet. Use that cash toward the AR you've been wanting. It's a better investment and covers a major gap in your collection. You don't need a 4th handgun before the AR.

3) No...get the pocket gun you want. And that's a great price. But is the micro reliable yet? I don't want to get a new handgun only to need to have it repaired even though it's brand new. Get the Sig...just save a bit more.

I currently have the TCP, micro 9, and a full size service 9mm that I like, along with a 22lr semi auto rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. I think I'd like an AR and some sort of hunting rifle to have all bases covered for the foreseeable future of home defense and meat on the table.

Thoughts? And the "just get them all" advice is impractical at the moment.
shockfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-24-2016, 04:26 AM   #2

You might want to get that AR because if the election doesn't go the way most of us want, you may never have one or demand is going to be so high you will pay a lot more than right now.

If my carry choice is a 380 or a 9mm, I'm going with the 9mm.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:34 AM   #3

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
You might want to get that AR because if the election doesn't go the way most of us want, you may never have one or demand is going to be so high you will pay a lot more than right now.

If my carry choice is a 380 or a 9mm, I'm going with the 9mm.
yep....and AR ammo cost about the same as .380.
JC45 and shockfinder like this.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #4

...You're not going to gain too much on the Micro 9 size wise with a .380. I'd say grab the AR, some extra magazines and ammo to be safe. If anything is going to become scarce or go up in price it will probably be the AR gear.
JC45, Mini Me and shockfinder like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #5

My advice is, that is a great price on the .380 Micro but it will be available from now on, no body is wanting to ban them.
You had better buy an AR while you can.

I didn't really need the AR10 I just bought but I beat the panic buying.
JC45 and shockfinder like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #6

Ammo ammo ammo ... and maybe some extra ammo. If money is tight make sure you keep stocked up cause that's where they are going to hit us. No fun having a nice collection if can not enjoy them.

But yeah I agree with the other's.. if you want an AR in the collection get it now.
shockfinder likes this.
Itsmescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:58 PM   #7

Go with the AR and the ammo. I have the Micro 9 and 380. I'm still having issues with my 380 and it has been to Kimber once already. I really like the 380 though and I'm still hoping that there will be good days ahead for this pistol.

However, if you have it in your head to buy this pistol, because it does sounds like a great deal, nothing said here will change your mind.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #8

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
Go with the AR and the ammo. I have the Micro 9 and 380. I'm still having issues with my 380 and it has been to Kimber once already. I really like the 380 though and I'm still hoping that there will be good days ahead for this pistol.

However, if you have it in your head to buy this pistol, because it does sounds like a great deal, nothing said here will change your mind.
Well, I really want a p238. But the price is great. However, it doesn't seem to be the best use of resources at the moment. Heading to the LGS tomorrow to check out ARs.
JC45 and starnovi like this.
shockfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:26 AM   #9

Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
Well, I really want a p238. But the price is great. However, it doesn't seem to be the best use of resources at the moment. Heading to the LGS tomorrow to check out ARs.
Hold off until Black Friday promos. P238's with night sights, ect. will likely be in the 450.- 475. range. Usually with two mags.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:39 AM   #10

I purchased my AR15 right after Obama became President because I thought they would soon be gone. A lot of other people had the same idea and it took some time to find an AR for a reasonable price. I went to multiple gun shops and finally found one at a gun show in Bloomsburg, PA. There were only 2 guys who had AR's and I got a Stag Model 2 for $875 out the door. I haven't checked the recent prices on this gun but I bet it's cheaper right now. I'm glad I bought this gun because it's a great gun and fun to shoot.
My friends who are living in NY are kicking themselves because they can no longer buy an AR. They have to buy a NY compliant AR. Many are buying from a Long Island company called Dark Storm. They have pinned magazines and you have to break the gun open to load the rounds. It looks like an AR and shoots like an AR but it's not a true AR.
Good luck at the LGS shockfinder.
Rangemeister likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
micro 9 or 380

should i buy the kimber micro 380 or the kimber micro 9?

Click on a term to search for related topics.