Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By c_kyle
  • 1 Post By druryj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #1

Little Range Report

Up until now, I've only shot FMJ through the micro; but wanted to transition to a defensive ammunition. I picked up some Fiocchi SD JHP and ran a box through the micro. It ran the ammunition really well. This isn't today's standard for defensive ammo; but it's a decent JHP to test for feeding issues.

I also put a box of 38 special through a new S&W Airweight I picked up last week, as well as most of a box of Hornady FTX +P. This little revolver is a beast, especially with the +P.

I'm really impressed with how the Micro handled the JHPs. I was expecting feeding issues and it ran like a champ.
c_kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #2

Nice, glad to hear that the Micro is performing well for you!
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

Little Range Report

Originally Posted by c_kyle View Post
Up until now, I've only shot FMJ through the micro; but wanted to transition to a defensive ammunition. I picked up some Fiocchi SD JHP and ran a box through the micro. It ran the ammunition really well. This isn't today's standard for defensive ammo; but it's a decent JHP to test for feeding issues.

I also put a box of 38 special through a new S&W Airweight I picked up last week, as well as most of a box of Hornady FTX +P. This little revolver is a beast, especially with the +P.

I'm really impressed with how the Micro handled the JHPs. I was expecting feeding issues and it ran like a champ.

Good to hear it, but then, one would expect a new quality defensive pistol from Kimber to run quality defensive ammo with zero problems. My wife has one of these, it sure does shoot and handle nicely. I'm going to get one of them, or maybe the Micro 9 as a pocket gun for me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
starnovi likes this.
druryj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #4

Good to hear...was going R and D several weeks ago but didn't get around to it when we were down there....too much rain.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #5

Originally Posted by druryj View Post
Good to hear it, but then, one would expect a new quality defensive pistol from Kimber to run quality defensive ammo with zero problems. My wife has one of these, it sure does shoot and handle nicely. I'm going to get one of them, or maybe the Micro 9 as a pocket gun for me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would think so; but these Micros have a history of needing a serious break in process before they're running well. A lot of that was a result of the older style recoil spring, though.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #6

Also, concerning the S&W 637, I dropped it off at the gunsmith for some work. It's getting a full action job and trigger job with a Wolff spring kit and being Cerakoted graphite black.

I'm having a little remorse on the Cerakoting, after reading about issues with revolvers. Oh well, it was a used gun with a marred up finish anyways. Hopefully, it will come out fine.

I'm really anxious to fire the little revolver once it comes back with a nicely tuned trigger and action.