12/14 almost perfect, ugh!!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #1

12/14 almost perfect, ugh!!!

I was able to find an hour to get to the range today. I hadn't shot the Micro in a month or so so I hit the rails with a drop of oil before heading out. Today I brought 50 Fiocchi 95gr FMJ (blue box) and 50 Aguila 95gr FMJ. Used the Kimber 6 round magazines. Ran the Fiocchi first with zero issues, up next the Aguila. The last shot of the 2nd mag didn't chamber properly :-( Other than that everything did fine. It's seeming like I hit a snag about 1 in every 200 rounds with her. On the bright side I haven't ever had a hang up in less than 25 rounds of any session, so I guess there's that. Still the intermittent hang ups bug me. I've replaced the Micro with my Ruger LC9s as my suitcase gun.
...target was at 7 yardsAttachment 32354
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (1.96 MB, 12 views)

Last edited by cousinmark; 12-14-2016 at 05:31 PM.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #2

...here's the hang up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (1.82 MB, 17 views)
Old 12-14-2016, 07:28 PM   #3

CousinMark, how many rounds total have you shot through so far ? Could it be a magazine maybe ?
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2016, 09:11 PM   #4

Hey TG, I'm in the 2500 range round count wise at this point. The pistol was "Yonkered" at around 700 rounds and given the spa treatment. Things were vastly improved after that. At one point I believe she ran 400ish rounds without failure, that was actually with the older style guide rod and spring. I did get the initial flat wire spring to go the 1000 round projected lifespan without completely flaking out but with the one or so failures per 200 or so rounds and that trend seems to be continuing. Most of the hang ups have occurred using the 7 round mags, probably 3/4 of them? Like I mentioned it's intermittent and just enough to bug me. Normally when I travel for work I'll only have one magazine with me anyways, since there are never failures within the first 4 or 5 mags that's not such an issue. I will etch a # into each mag though so I can verify if it's mag related? Although I'm not quite as accurate with the Ruger and she's not as easy on the eyes as the Kimber, she'll be the one getting tossed in my suitcase tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #5

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Hey TG, I'm in the 2500 range round count wise at this point. The pistol was "Yonkered" at around 700 rounds and given the spa treatment. Things were vastly improved after that. At one point I believe she ran 400ish rounds without failure, that was actually with the older style guide rod and spring. I did get the initial flat wire spring to go the 1000 round projected lifespan without completely flaking out but with the one or so failures per 200 or so rounds and that trend seems to be continuing. Most of the hang ups have occurred using the 7 round mags, probably 3/4 of them? Like I mentioned it's intermittent and just enough to bug me. Normally when I travel for work I'll only have one magazine with me anyways, since there are never failures within the first 4 or 5 mags that's not such an issue. I will etch a # into each mag though so I can verify if it's mag related? Although I'm not quite as accurate with the Ruger and she's not as easy on the eyes as the Kimber, she'll be the one getting tossed in my suitcase tomorrow.
I have a S&W Bodyguard that I keep in my truck console. I also grab it from time to time and tuck in my back pocket if my attire is not conducive to a holster OWB/IWB. I also toss it in the console of my UTV when wandering around the lake on weekends. As you said about the Ruger, its not easy on the eyes and the BG triger is a royal b!tch but I've gotten used to it over the years.

The extractor for my Micro has not arrived yet but I've got the one in it now adjusted about as good as I can. Also got the Slide Stop spring tension where I like it so I'm gonna head over to the range for lunch to see how it does. Also bringing my Springfield XD to give it a workout....
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote