New Micro Recoil Spring with Guide Rod - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2016, 08:04 AM   #1

New Micro Recoil Spring with Guide Rod

As many of you I had to return my Micro Carry when I first got it to Kimber to resolve the return to battery issue. It has worked fine since but I always have this paranoia of recurrance. I always felt the issue revolves around a weak spring. I noticed the new long flat spring and newly shaped guide rod (very similar to the Sig P938). I installed it yesterday but have not had time to test it. Just wondering if anyone has purchased and installed the new recoil system in their Micro carry and how it works for you and if anyone has had return to battery issue with this new system or resolution of the return to battery problem.
Thanks ahead for your comments.
Oreste

Last edited by Oreste; 12-15-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Oreste is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
Super Moderator

The flat wire recoil spring and guide rod are now standard issue in the Micro Carry. Anybody that has a gun with the old style round wire spring can get the upgraded parts for free simply by calling customer service.
Cucamonga kid likes this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #3

Thanks Chuck.
I didn't know they would replace the old ones. I bought them but I'm not going to worry for $17 dollars as long as it addresses the issues of the past which I am sure the redesign was all about. I just love everything about the pistol and just want to shake the return to battery issue out of the back of my mind.
Markie and Cucamonga kid like this.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:55 AM   #4

Wife's Micro Belair came with old spring last year. CS sent the new set up and it now runs like a Swiss watch. Just picked up her new Micro CDP LG and it has the new set up.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Wife's Micro Belair came with old spring last year. CS sent the new set up and it now runs like a Swiss watch. Just picked up her new Micro CDP LG and it has the new set up.
Love to hear that!! Did she originally have issues with the Belair before the new set up?
Old 12-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Man, that's a relief! I have a Micro Belair on order as a Christmas gift for my wife. After reading all the issues on this forum, I was beginning to 2nd guess my purchase.
trisax62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

Originally Posted by trisax62 View Post
Man, that's a relief! I have a Micro Belair on order as a Christmas gift for my wife. After reading all the issues on this forum, I was beginning to 2nd guess my purchase.
Not to worry. So far that was the only minor issue. As long as the spring issue is resolved you won't regret it. Just the greatest little smooth shooting gun out there.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:08 AM   #8

Originally Posted by trisax62 View Post
I've been having issues with my Micro 380 Stainless from day one. I purchased it back in August (I think) and it had the old spring and guide rod. Kimber sent me a new one with no questions (not even my serial number). This experience has not discouraged me however as I still love the pistol, just going through some fine tuning/tweeking. I have been looking at the Advocate model for my next purchase.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:06 AM   #9

Although I haven't received my wife's Belair Micro yet, this is what I've gathered from this forum about known issues.
1. Make sure it has scalloped guide rod and flat wire spring
2. Clean and lubicate - heavily
3. Preload mags - not sure why
4. Ammo sensitive - no flat nose rds
5. No limp wristing
cousinmark and starnovi like this.
trisax62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Oreste View Post
Love to hear that!! Did she originally have issues with the Belair before the new set up?
Yes she did; a lot of issues with feeding and extraction. Prior to my buying her the Micro Bel Air I purchased for her 2 Sig P238, a Nitron w laser and a Rainbow w laser, which ran perfectly right out of the box so I was pretty pissed with the Bel Air. After the new spring and guide rod were installed it ran as good as the Sigg's. And if it were not for that I would not have ordered her another Micro. Even if the CDP LG, which I picked up from my LGS yesterday, had not come with the new spring I knew that I could call customer service and have the new set up shipped out and I would be fine. She's a happy camper and loves her lil 380s. So fear not, all will be well. You might still have a hiccup or two until it's completely broken in but the difference will be like night and day with the new spring.

Search tags for this page
flat recoil spring for kimber micro 380
kimber advocate recoil spring

kimber advocate recoil spring and guide rod

kimber micro 380 recoil springs
kimber micro 380 spring guide rod
kimber micro 380 weak recoil spring
kimber micro 9 recoil guide rods
kimber micro e80 guide rod
Click on a term to search for related topics.