• 1 Post By joemamasgun
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By Tejun
  • 1 Post By Grunt7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 09:37 AM   #1

Parting with my baby for a bit....

I received a Kimber Micro Raptor in stainless for x-mas. (I know, I must have been good this year, who knew?) However, I have had issues with it since going to the range 3x. I have 2 of the 6 rd mags, and 2 of the 7rds mags.

Pretty consistently when I fire the gun, it will lock back after 1-2 rounds. Release slide, shoot shoot, release slide, shoot shoot is pretty consistent with this gun, no matter what mag. I have tried American Eagle and Fiochi 95gr bullets and both do the same thing, even after a thorough cleaning.

Called Kimber, they scheduled me for a repair. (Sending in a solo as well) I was shocked at the 6-8 week lead time however, but I can be patient. (or try to be) Has anyone else seen similar issues with their Kimber Micros? How was it fixed?

Joe
starnovi likes this.
joemamasgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-05-2017, 09:49 AM   #2

I sent in my Micro 380 twice and they do tell you that it will be 6-8 weeks, however I received my pistol back in 3-4 weeks both times, so hang in there. You will have it back before you know it and hopefully all will be resolved.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #3

3-4 weeks is still way too long. If mine has to go back, it's getting sold and I will buy something else.
sawman556 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #4

In defense of the Micro 380, my wife has two that run really well; a CDP LG and a Bel Air. Now the Bel Air gave us a few problems before we got the new recoil spring and guide rod but since then it has been a really nice piece. Until we get at least 200 rounds through each one of them she carries her Sig P238 Rainbow.
starnovi likes this.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Kimber will always tell you 6 - 8 weeks for a repair even if all their gunsmiths are sitting around looking for something to do. If they tell you 2 or 3 weeks and it takes 4 that will piss off most people. If they tell you 6 - 8 and it takes 3 or 4 people will be happy. The one time I had to return a gun to the factory they told me 6 - 8 weeks and I had it back in less then 2 weeks.
starnovi likes this.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #6

Originally Posted by joemamasgun View Post
I received a Kimber Micro Raptor in stainless for x-mas. (I know, I must have been good this year, who knew?) However, I have had issues with it since going to the range 3x. I have 2 of the 6 rd mags, and 2 of the 7rds mags.

Pretty consistently when I fire the gun, it will lock back after 1-2 rounds. Release slide, shoot shoot, release slide, shoot shoot is pretty consistent with this gun, no matter what mag. I have tried American Eagle and Fiochi 95gr bullets and both do the same thing, even after a thorough cleaning.

Called Kimber, they scheduled me for a repair. (Sending in a solo as well) I was shocked at the 6-8 week lead time however, but I can be patient. (or try to be) Has anyone else seen similar issues with their Kimber Micros? How was it fixed?

Joe
Yes, I was having that same issue with my Micro before (and after) it went for a trip to Yonkers. I found a burr on the slide stop that apparently was touching the second round in the magazine. I smoothed off the burr and changed the slide stop spring and it solved that issue.
starnovi likes this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #7

I haven't had any issues with my Kimber Micro and it has the old style recoil spring and guide rod. With that said I did call Kimber today and they are shipping me the new setup, which is amazing that they didn't even hesitate to help me out before I experience any issues. Next purchase is the new Micro Desert Night going to order it this weekend hopefully.
starnovi likes this.
Grunt7 is offline   Reply With Quote