Micro Carry Range update - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oreste

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #1

Micro Carry Range update

I went to the range today for the first time with my new flat spring and guide rod. Fired full range of ammo 90 grain and 95
American Eagle, FMJ and Remington 102 gr JHP. About 200 rounds. I was having issues with the slide not locking on any of the mags. 6 or 7 rounds. I had played around with the slide lock (some filing) because of locking with ammo still in the mag. I fortunetaly bought a new slide lock a few months ago thinking on replacing the old one. I had the new slide lock with me, made a quick change and just absolute perfection all around the remainder of the session. I know members have had issues with the slide not locking on the last round. May want to consider a new slide lock. They are really inexpensive. All in all I am pleased and confident with the Micro updates I have made. All issues major and minor seem to be resolved.

Also, put 200 rounds through the Sig P938. Nothing new to report, as usual it has never had a hicup. Just perfection.

And my trusty LCP 100 rounds, perfecto.

Hope this is of some help or encouragement to some of the members with micro carry issues.

Conclusion: Totally confident with my 3 edc rotation for the first time since I have had my cpl.
Marshall likes this.

Last edited by Oreste; 01-05-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Oreste is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #2

How do you get a new slide lock? Give Kimber a call?
My micro 9 sometimes doesn't lock on an empty mag. It locked well at 1st but after about 500 rnds it got where it doesn't lock open occasionally.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #3

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
How do you get a new slide lock? Give Kimber a call?
My micro 9 sometimes doesn't lock on an empty mag. It locked well at 1st but after about 500 rnds it got where it doesn't lock open occasionally.
I went to the website and parts store. It was available there.