Just picked up my New Micro Carry - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #1

Just picked up my New Micro Carry

Just picked up my new Micro Carry!!!! What a great new toy. Just feels great in my hand. Love the hard rubber grips. Mechanically everything just seems smooth as butter!!!. I ended up getting the black as opposed to the stainless. My Solo is stainless. Love the looks but the black is just more stealthier at night. (Gosh, don't we split hairs!!!) I have a ton of ammo coming tomorrow.
Need to get home study the manual for any particulars. Break her down and clean and lube. Hopefully I will get to the range tomorrow afternoon and run a variation of ammo through her and give you a report and any updates that may be of importance. Selling for $750 at my LGS. I got it for $650 because I am a repeat gun buyer. He did note he as sold more of the Micro this summer than any other gun. Also, he said Micros and Small Revolvers.
Will keep you posted.
Insta-Gator and Quinn like this.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear how not runs.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #3

We need to see a picture!

Quinn
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Congratulations on the new Micro Carry, I still haven't seen one in my area yet. I'm anxious to see your range report.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #5

Congrats on your new Kimber!

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:27 AM   #6

OK. Here is a picture of the Micro and one with the Solo.
As much as I love the feel and fit of the Solo I have to say this Micro feels even more natural and comfortable in my hand. Damn. The need to make this design in 9mm next. Just a note. The purplish color is really do to the flash. In natural light it is near complete matted black.
Will get a pic later in natural light. 5 am and still pitch dark here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3123.JPG (1.79 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3118.JPG (790.0 KB, 20 views)
bhunted and Quinn like this.

Last edited by Oreste; 09-12-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Oreste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:57 AM   #7

I thought while I am at it I would show a comparison of the Micro and the LCP.
The Micro is I believe 5oz heavier than the LCP at about 13 oz unloaded. Nothing conceals like the LCP for it's weight and size and I do love the safetlyless feature but the weight and pull of its double action make me vary inaccurate with this gun. I just can't keep on target. Just blasting away I'm ok but still not accurate enough with the pull and snap of the light weight. As much as this light weight is great for carry and comfort I loose confidence in my accuracy. Also, I hate the fact that the slide does not remain open after the last shot is fired. I find my self pulling the trigger 2 times before I realize I am out. Then it's drop mag, reload and re-rack slide. Just way too much in a crisis. Also, maybe the grip also has a lot to do with my accuracy with the LCP. I feel like I am at least holding something substantial with the Micro and hope the single action and the added weight and handle will compensate for the features I dislike in the LCP. Anyway, here they are. Again, will let you know later how she shoots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3125.JPG (484.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-12-2014, 04:16 AM   #8

Congratz on the Micro....

They have a black Micro by me. Been sitting in the case forever for $650 I think. I just don't want to get a caliber I don't have any more. I'm trying to consolidate calibers. I wish they would come out with a Micro 9mm.... I'd be all over it.

But I have a Sig P226 Extreme and most likely compliment that with a P938 Extreme which is just like the Micro but 9mm... I fig for a gun of that size, why not get 9mm for a tad more umffff....

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Oreste View Post
Just picked up my new Micro Carry!!!! What a great new toy. Just feels great in my hand. Love the hard rubber grips. Mechanically everything just seems smooth as butter!!!. I ended up getting the black as opposed to the stainless. My Solo is stainless. Love the looks but the black is just more stealthier at night. (Gosh, don't we split hairs!!!) I have a ton of ammo coming tomorrow.
Need to get home study the manual for any particulars. Break her down and clean and lube. Hopefully I will get to the range tomorrow afternoon and run a variation of ammo through her and give you a report and any updates that may be of importance. Selling for $750 at my LGS. I got it for $650 because I am a repeat gun buyer. He did note he as sold more of the Micro this summer than any other gun. Also, he said Micros and Small Revolvers.
Will keep you posted.
BTW, It is suggested retail for $651... why did he have it for $750? He didn't loose anything by giving you that deal...

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #10

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
BTW, It is suggested retail for $651... why did he have it for $750? He didn't loose anything by giving you that deal...
I don't think he lost anything. Probably just to make me feel good and everyone else he lowers the price or gives haggling room. I agree on the 9mm you are talking about 100%