How to make your Kimber Micro reliable thread. - Page 5 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #41

When I modified a 8rnd solo mag to 7 rnds, I only cut 1/2 a coil at a time . It's easier to cut more than messing up by cutting less. The only thing I buggered up was the mag sleeve. That's why I say less is better.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #42

I too, cut half a loop at a time.
Another question. I just received a set of Meprolight Tru-Dot sights for the Micro 9. The front sight is VERY dim. Is that normal?
JimCunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #43

No , twice I had to send my solo sts back for the front sight, after the second time try got it rights and apalagiesed.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2021, 06:00 PM   #44

I replaced the OEM guide rod spring for a flat 21-22 lb springs from Galloway. Ran 50, 124 gr Lawmans through it...flawless. Then ran 18 various self defense loads of different grains through it. It had FTF on the last round. That sucked! The heavier spring seems to help with muzzle flip and seemed to reduce the violence of the action over the 11 LB OEM spring. I just got he gun back from Kimber because the magazine was dropping or falling out. they put a new mag ejection spring in the gun. it's very stiff now but seemed to help. I"m still convinced Kimbers problems is with its's magazines and mag release. So, Ive ordered Sig magazines that will work with minor alterations. any suggestions?
mjrohaley61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:44 PM   #45

Originally Posted by mjrohaley61 View Post
I replaced the OEM guide rod spring for a flat 21-22 lb springs from Galloway. Ran 50, 124 gr Lawmans through it...flawless. Then ran 18 various self defense loads of different grains through it. It had FTF on the last round. That sucked! The heavier spring seems to help with muzzle flip and seemed to reduce the violence of the action over the 11 LB OEM spring. I just got he gun back from Kimber because the magazine was dropping or falling out. they put a new mag ejection spring in the gun. it's very stiff now but seemed to help. I"m still convinced Kimbers problems is with its's magazines and mag release. So, Ive ordered Sig magazines that will work with minor alterations. any suggestions?
... Sounds like you have a Micro 9, are you sure the 11# spring is stock for a Micro 9??? I believe that is the spec for the .380s??? This is a Micro .380 area but there are several Micro 9 threads wrongly posted here so be sure you're not cross pollinating Micro data? There have been a number of reports of Sig P238 magazines being modified and working fine in Kimber .380s. On the Micro 9 there's a different area for those little beauties and that may be a better place to ask your question about magazine compatibility.
Good luck :-)

Last edited by cousinmark; 01-02-2021 at 07:46 PM.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

extra power recoil spring for micro 9

how to clean a kimber micro 9mm pistol

how to oil kimber micro 9 mm

kimber micro 9 break in
kimber micro 9 reliability
kimber micro 9 upgrades

should ! oil kimber 9mm micro

what kind of oil comes with kimber micro 9
Click on a term to search for related topics.