Need advice on micro carry trigger please - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #1

Need advice on micro carry trigger please

Hello I'm new to the forum and Kimber. I just bought a lightly used Kimber Micro Carry with just 200 rounds through it. When I first got it the trigger seemed quite a bit heavier. All I have been doing is pulling the hammer back and dry firing it with a snap cap in it and I fired it couple times just to make sure it fires. But now my trigger feels like a 3 or 4 pound trigger. It feels great but it just doesn't seem like something is right for being so light. Any information or advice would be helpful. But I know for sure it is way lighter than the 7 pound factory advertisement.

Last edited by Dale440; 02-18-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Dale440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #2

Welcome, Dale. For years I used the "feels like" method when tuning up my guns. Eventually I threw down the cash for a real trigger gauge, and life is much better now.

The easiest thing to try is cleaning the guts of your trigger. The aerosol-can gun douche is actually pretty good. Field strip the gun, and then hose down the insides. Afterward, lubricate according to the manual. If their is a build-up of filth in there, it might run better.

When you signed up, you didn't state your location. If you did, maybe a friendly nearby Kimbertalk member with a trigger gauge would offer to measure your Micro Carry for you.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #3

Welcome from Northeast, Pa Dale.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Dale, is the trigger actually getting lighter or are you just getting used to it. As Rusty suggested a trigger pull gauge is the only way to tell for sure. If the range you shoot at has a gunsmith ask him to measure your trigger pull, most will do it for free.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #5

I updated my profile, I'm from Ohio about 5 minutes from Cleveland
Old 02-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply, but I was thinking this gun is almost new with only about 200 rounds through it, I Don't think the trigger could be gunked up, I'm just wondering how it can be so light?
Old 02-18-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dale440 View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I was thinking this gun is almost new with only about 200 rounds through it, I Don't think the trigger could be gunked up, I'm just wondering how it can be so light?
Unless you know and trust the previous owner don't dismiss the possibility that someone worked on it. Again rather the assume take it to a gunsmith and ask them to measure it.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Dale, is the trigger actually getting lighter or are you just getting used to it. As Rusty suggested a trigger pull gauge is the only way to tell for sure. If the range you shoot at has a gunsmith ask him to measure your trigger pull, most will do it for free.
I really think it's more then just getting use to it because my primary carry gun is a Kahr CW9 and I put a 5 pound Wolff trigger in it and now the Mico Carry has a lighter trigger then my Kahr does now. But your both right I need to measure it but it's really light for sure. Does anyone know what would cause this?
Old 02-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Unless you know and trust the previous owner don't dismiss the possibility that someone worked on it. Again rather the assume take it to a gunsmith and ask them to measure it.
Thanks, that's a good idea, I still have the old owners contact information, I am going to ask, and might have a Smith look at it.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #10

Welcome to KT Dale. Keep in mind that the Khar is a striker fired pistol if I'm correct so the 5lbs is during the length of travel till the striker releases. With the Micro it's a single action trigger, it just lets go. I'd agree that measuring it wouldn't be a bad idea but also try dry firing a new one at your LGS if you can for a more apples to apples comparison.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber micro 9 trigger upgrade

kimber micro trigger job

Click on a term to search for related topics.