Kimber Talk Forums banner

Micro 380 Range Report

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JC45 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm happy to report that while at the range last Saturday I put 50 rounds through my M380 with "ZERO" failures. It's taken a lot of range time and 2 trips back to Kimber but I think I am in the home stretch with this little pistol!

Here's what I think provoked this turn around. I want to carry my micro and my husband was concerned about it, so he went out and bought me a Sig P238 nickel coated stainless steel pistol. hahaha....he's always jumping the gun on me...

I always hoped the micro 380 would work out it's failures and sure enough, get a replacement pistol and voila! Anyway, I took them both to the range yesterday and twice the 7th round did not load on the M380 out of 100 rounds. No failures with the Sig on 100 rounds.

Atlanta Ammo 100 Gr TCJ 50/50 in each pistol 1FTL
Blazer Ammo 95 Gr FMJ 50/50 1FTL

Target at 7, 8, & 10 yards.

The range has a deck of cards target that is pretty fun to shoot at. https://www.pistoleer.com/shooting-targets/pics/37026-es-23x35-52-card-shoot-up.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good news! Good shooting! The Baby Sig looks good to.

Reactions: starnovi
#3 ·
Thanks for the report....which of the two do you prefer to shoot? I have a M9 and thinking about a P938 for my wife so curious as to your opinion. Thanks.

#4 · (Edited)
I rented a Sig P938 twice and decided to go with the Micro 9. I haven't had any failures to load, etc with my M9. The only thing that happens sporadically is that the extended mag will just drop partially down after a round. No clue why, I am not hitting the mag release button. It doesn't happen all the time just occasionally. I haven't tried shooting with the 6 round mag to see if it happens with that. I like the extended mags with the M9 though, and would prefer to use them.

I like carrying my Micro 380, it's a fun pistol to shoot, and light weight. I don't use a holster, I wear Under Tech Undercover leggings or shorts to carry concealed. I hardly notice that I am carrying the 380 in them.

The Sig P238 is very nice too. The SS version that I have is 20 oz, so it's heavier than my M380. I am wearing it now and do not find a noticeable difference in weight while wearing, but towards the end of the day, I am relieved to take it off. It's definitely heavier but the Under Tech holds it in place just fine. Hand in hand, the Sig is noticeably heavier by almost 7oz.

Reactions: tevans9129
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.