• 1 Post By 2sharp2
  • 1 Post By starnovi
  • 1 Post By tevans9129
  • 1 Post By ROMM
  • 2 Post By JC45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #1

Micro 380 Range Report

I'm happy to report that while at the range last Saturday I put 50 rounds through my M380 with "ZERO" failures. It's taken a lot of range time and 2 trips back to Kimber but I think I am in the home stretch with this little pistol!

Here's what I think provoked this turn around. I want to carry my micro and my husband was concerned about it, so he went out and bought me a Sig P238 nickel coated stainless steel pistol. hahaha....he's always jumping the gun on me...

I always hoped the micro 380 would work out it's failures and sure enough, get a replacement pistol and voila! Anyway, I took them both to the range yesterday and twice the 7th round did not load on the M380 out of 100 rounds. No failures with the Sig on 100 rounds.

Atlanta Ammo 100 Gr TCJ 50/50 in each pistol 1FTL
Blazer Ammo 95 Gr FMJ 50/50 1FTL

Target at 7, 8, & 10 yards.

The range has a deck of cards target that is pretty fun to shoot at. https://www.pistoleer.com/shooting-t...d-shoot-up.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3142.JPG (1.70 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3143.JPG (2.45 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3144.JPG (2.45 MB, 7 views)
Chuck43, Marshall, Dude22 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by starnovi; 03-15-2017 at 09:23 AM.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #2

Good news! Good shooting! The Baby Sig looks good to.
starnovi likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #3

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
I'm happy to report that while at the range last Saturday I put 50 rounds through my M380 with "ZERO" failures. It's taken a lot of range time and 2 trips back to Kimber but I think I am in the home stretch with this little pistol!

Here's what I think provoked this turn around. I want to carry my micro and my husband was concerned about it, so he went out and bought me a Sig P238 nickel coated stainless steel pistol. hahaha....he's always jumping the gun on me...

I always hoped the micro 380 would work out it's failures and sure enough, get a replacement pistol and voila! Anyway, I took them both to the range yesterday and twice the 7th round did not load on the M380 out of 100 rounds. No failures with the Sig on 100 rounds.

Atlanta Ammo 100 Gr TCJ 50/50 in each pistol 1FTL
Blazer Ammo 95 Gr FMJ 50/50 1FTL

Target at 7, 8, & 10 yards.

The range has a deck of cards target that is pretty fun to shoot at. https://www.pistoleer.com/shooting-t...d-shoot-up.jpg
Thanks for the report....which of the two do you prefer to shoot? I have a M9 and thinking about a P938 for my wife so curious as to your opinion. Thanks.

Glock 23 & 43
CZ P-01
Sig P224, P225A1, P226L
S&W 629, 66, 53 & 41 HB target.
Colt SAA .45LC 4 3/4"
Kimber Micro 9 Stainless Raptor
Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor 9mm
tevans9129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #4

Originally Posted by tevans9129 View Post
Thanks for the report....which of the two do you prefer to shoot? I have a M9 and thinking about a P938 for my wife so curious as to your opinion. Thanks.
I rented a Sig P938 twice and decided to go with the Micro 9. I haven't had any failures to load, etc with my M9. The only thing that happens sporadically is that the extended mag will just drop partially down after a round. No clue why, I am not hitting the mag release button. It doesn't happen all the time just occasionally. I haven't tried shooting with the 6 round mag to see if it happens with that. I like the extended mags with the M9 though, and would prefer to use them.

I like carrying my Micro 380, it's a fun pistol to shoot, and light weight. I don't use a holster, I wear Under Tech Undercover leggings or shorts to carry concealed. I hardly notice that I am carrying the 380 in them.

The Sig P238 is very nice too. The SS version that I have is 20 oz, so it's heavier than my M380. I am wearing it now and do not find a noticeable difference in weight while wearing, but towards the end of the day, I am relieved to take it off. It's definitely heavier but the Under Tech holds it in place just fine. Hand in hand, the Sig is noticeably heavier by almost 7oz.
tevans9129 likes this.

Last edited by starnovi; 03-15-2017 at 02:14 PM.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #5

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
I rented a Sig P938 twice and decided to go with the Micro 9. I haven't had any failures to load, etc with my M9. The only thing that happens sporadically is that the extended mag will just drop partially down after I a round. No clue why, I am not hitting the mag release button. It doesn't happen all the time just occasionally. I haven't tried shooting with the 6 round mag to see if it happens with that. I like the extended mags with the M9 though, and would prefer to use them.

I like carrying my Micro 380, it's a fun pistol to shoot, and light weight. I don't use a holster, I wear Under Tech Undercover leggings or shorts to carry concealed. I hardly notice that I am carrying the 380 in them.

The Sig P238 is very nice too. The SS version that I have is 20 oz, so it's heavier than my M380. I am wearing it now and do not find a noticeable difference in weight while wearing, but towards the end of the day, I am relieved to take it off. It's definitely heavier but the Under Tech holds it in place just fine. Hand in hand, the Sig is noticeably heavier by almost 7oz.
Thanks a million for your response, it is very informative and helpful. My wife is currently using a G43 which she shoots very well but I just cannot like plastic, striker fired handguns. The M9 Raptor is new and we have not had an opportunity to fire it yet but we both really like the feel....and the looks are not bad either. My fear is that the wife is going to choose the M9 and I will need to decide if I should buy another Kimber or try the P938. Thanks again for your comments.
starnovi likes this.

Glock 23 & 43
CZ P-01
Sig P224, P225A1, P226L
Colt SAA .45LC 4 3/4"
Old 03-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #6

Originally Posted by tevans9129 View Post
Thanks a million for your response, it is very informative and helpful. My wife is currently using a G43 which she shoots very well but I just cannot like plastic, striker fired handguns. The M9 Raptor is new and we have not had an opportunity to fire it yet but we both really like the feel....and the looks are not bad either. My fear is that the wife is going to choose the M9 and I will need to decide if I should buy another Kimber or try the P938. Thanks again for your comments.
Check out my thread I started the other day, where I compare the Micro Raptor 380 and the P238 HD Nickel (same gun starnovi has). My wife did not like the Kimber at all compared to the P238 HD. The HD (heavy duty) models are 5 oz heavier than the normal P238 and I believe they have been discontinued. This is why I jumped on one recently. To me, the 5 oz of extra weight would really only make a difference when pocket carrying the gun, but would be unnoticeable if you carry in a holster somewhere on the torso.

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...imber-sig.html

P.S my wife may not like the Kimber Micro, but I love it!

Well I just re read your post and you are talking about the 9mm not the .380 models. My bad!
tevans9129 likes this.

Last edited by ROMM; 03-15-2017 at 04:36 PM.
ROMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #7

Originally Posted by ROMM View Post
Check out my thread I started the other day, where I compare the Micro Raptor 380 and the P238 HD Nickel (same gun starnovi has). My wife did not like the Kimber at all compared to the P238 HD. The HD (heavy duty) models are 5 oz heavier than the normal P238 and I believe they have been discontinued. This is why I jumped on one recently. To me, the 5 oz of extra weight would really only make a difference when pocket carrying the gun, but would be unnoticeable if you carry in a holster somewhere on the torso.

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...imber-sig.html

P.S my wife may not like the Kimber Micro, but I love it!

Well I just re read your post and you are talking about the 9mm not the .380 models. My bad!
Thanks for the comments and for the link, very interesting. I do not have a P938 to compare to my Raptor but looking at images of it, the 938 appears to be more "blocky" than the Raptor, or is that just in the image? We both really like the feel of the M9 but we are comparing it to the G43 which is totally different.

I have been offered a very good price on the P938 Engraved model, if, the price holds when it is back in stock. However, if my wife decides she likes the G43 better after shooting the M9, I may choose to look for a 1911 Kimber in 9mm since I will use the M9 for carry. Hope to get to the range Monday and with luck, I will then know which way to jump. Thanks again, I enjoyed the link.

Glock 23 & 43
CZ P-01
Sig P224, P225A1, P226L
Colt SAA .45LC 4 3/4"
Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #8

Glad to hear your Micro 380 is doing better, I know it's been a long ride for you. Congratulations on your new Sig, it's a sweet looking gun. I like it a lot.
Chuck43 and starnovi like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote