SnagMag concealed mag holder - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2017, 07:20 AM   #1

SnagMag concealed mag holder

Hey y'all!

So, found a mention of this somewhere here (but can't find it now...).

Just finished a long long whine at them because their website totally sucks! Sheesh! (It's pretty enough but ) I spent 2 or 3 MINUTES (!!) trying to find the info on their ONLY product -- they make it very hard! And then, I'm trying to read the reviews and they made it TWICE as long as it should be! (That sai... er ... written, the 7 reviews I got through before heading off to whine at them, were very positive.) (Yes-of-course, I'm gonna go back and keep struggling to read their reviews. I deny it's OVER-researching... I just like to see who says what about a thing I might buy! )

Takes longer to get TO the next review than to actually read it!! Damned web designers and their damned 'dancing hamsters'!!

Anyway, this looks like a cool mag carrier... I DID (also) ask them a substantive question: they offer a Sig P938 extended carrier, but not, so far, a P238 extended (they have the short mag for both). Since I have three modified P938 mags for my Marshall 9 -- and I take seriously the thread here I just read on carrying a second mag (yeah, yeah, I know... FINally...) ("When KT speaks, EVERYone listens!") (At least I know MOST of y'all are old enough to remember E.F.Hutton... Yah old dogs!), I am looking at mag carriers.

(bit caffeinated at the moment, can yah tell?)(okay-so, a LOT caffeinated at the mo'...) (gonna go run around the block a couple times to burn it off, eh?!) (NOT!)
El

Snagmag Concealed Magazine Holster - SnagMag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SnagMag1.jpg (170.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SnagMag2.jpg (991.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SnagMag3.jpg (1.23 MB, 24 views)
bhunted, Tejun, swca and 1 others like this.
SnowTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #2

('cause, see, I'm preparing to send the .380 in for the ambi safety install. Right now, I'm still carrying my beloved Micro .380 as a magic talisman... empty chamber. {wince} I'm a leftie -- that stupid safety is just NOT accessible!

So, I'm gonna start carrying the Micro (Marshall!)(HI Marshall!) 9 -- while the .380 is off visiting its parents. Then, probably, shortly thereafter, the 9 will go home for ITS ambi safety. Safety is GOOD! Carrying cond. 1 is BETTER!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:02 AM   #3

Kimber should just mail the parts for the safety switch. I have your reverse problem, I have the ambi and just want the single sided. Until I have another pocket gun, I'm not sending mine off for 6 weeks for it.

The mag carrier looks like an interesting design, but I'll stick with my leather ones. Thanks for sharing!
sawman556 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2017, 12:58 AM   #4

I carry Snagmag for both my Micro 9 and Micro .380. I don't have one for the extended mag, but I just bend the top of the Snagmag back a little and slide the mag on into the holder. It's not perfect but it works. I've been meaning to get the extended for the Micro 9. I often carry the regular mag with it because it really does look like a pocket knife. Anyway, I really like mine and use it everyday.
SnowTao, swca and starnovi like this.
shockfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #5

SnowTao, I tried to respond to your email. . .

Hello there. I tried to respond to your email yesterday, but I received a notice that it is undeliverable. I wanted to answer your questions and thank you for the advice. Here was my reply:

Good morning Elenor!

First, I'd like to thank you for your email! It has definitely opened my eyes to a few things we need to work on.

Before I continue, I'd like to answer your SnagMag fit question. The 938 Extended will fit the Kimber micro 9mm extended. The Sig 238 Extended fits the Walther PPK SnagMag with a minor adjustment. There is a comment section on the ordering page where you can add a note of what you're wanting. I fill, package and ship all orders myself, so I'll make sure you get what you need.

Second, I agree that our website needs work. Neither one of us is web savvy, so we found a business site and used a template. I've looked into hiring web designers, and they want to charge me $1000+/month, which is obviously ludicrous. However, I AGREE with you. I will take all your suggestions into careful consideration and see if I cannot make some improvements.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to list specific issues with the website. Please contact me for a special coupon code should you decide to purchase.

Kindest regards,

Christine Rogers
President
SnagMag LLC
[email protected]
Chuck43, swca, Hawker800 and 1 others like this.
SnagMag LLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:35 PM   #6

Well it looks like their customer service is outstanding! Kimber should take note.
Spotly and swca like this.
sawman556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #7

'kay, ordered the P938 extended for my Micro 9 -- I'll write a review (eventually). I really appreciate Christine's email, part of which is background/more info:

My husband created the SnagMag for himself. A friend wanted one, people in the gun industry got a hold of it, and the rest is history. We never imagined SnagMag would become a thriving business. It has been quite the journey.
... I am a teacher by trade, but I had to quit my job to run the biz full time. We do all the manufacturing ourselves in Washington State & Virginia. We offer over 80 models for right and left handed shooters. We also offer custom fitting at no extra charge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SnagMag7.jpg (598.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SnagMag8.jpg (612.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SnagMag10.jpg (250.3 KB, 12 views)
Chuck43 and starnovi like this.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #8

Whats that little tab thingie sticking out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
starnovi likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #9

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Whats that little tab thingie sticking out?

That catches your pocket so you just pull the mag during the reload and the carrier stays in your pocket. Works quite well.
starnovi likes this.
shockfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #10

Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
That catches your pocket so you just pull the mag during the reload and the carrier stays in your pocket. Works quite well.

Won't start wearing on your pocket after awhile?

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote