2/25 all is well :-) - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #1

2/25 all is well :-)

Another 100% for my Micro :-) Today I decided to run with more "real world" conditions meaning NO lube prior to going to the range. The pistol had been cleaned after her last outing but that's it. Using both of my 6 round mags 100 rounds of Fiocchi 95gr FMJ (blue box) ran flawlessly :-) Not a problem of any sort :-)
...target was at 7 yards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0269.JPG (1.90 MB, 14 views)
Chuck43, Tejun, swca and 2 others like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-25-2017, 08:22 PM   #2

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Another 100% for my Micro :-) Today I decided to run with more "real world" conditions meaning NO lube prior to going to the range. The pistol had been cleaned after her last outing but that's it. Using both of my 6 round mags 100 rounds of Fiocchi 95gr FMJ (blue box) ran flawlessly :-) Not a problem of any sort :-)
...target was at 7 yards.
Glad for the good report and looks like you perforated the center of the target. Remind me, what is the history of your .380? Has it been back to Kimber for work or has it been good to date? How many rounds have you run through it? And have you tried any round nose flat point ammo yet?
cousinmark likes this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #3

After break in, I always run real world. In fact, I usually pull the gun from my holster and send the carry ammo loaded in it down range before then using fmj. I reload at the end and carry home, then clean and lube for carry. Of course, I clean my EDC every 2-3 weeks whether I shoot it or not. Glad to hear yours is running well!
Tejun and cousinmark like this.
shockfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #4

Nice report I like the fiocchi blue box I have run it in my Sig P220 and and I thought it was pretty clean running ammo compared to some!
cousinmark likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:10 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
Glad for the good report and looks like you perforated the center of the target. Remind me, what is the history of your .380? Has it been back to Kimber for work or has it been good to date? How many rounds have you run through it? And have you tried any round nose flat point ammo yet?
Thanks Panzer, this pistol was sent back to Kimber a little over a year ago and was given a good "make over" and a set of night sights. At the time I had around 500 rounds on her and was getting intermittent failures feeding and ejecting...
Things were greatly improved when she made it home but still the odd snag every now and then, never prior to 25 rounds into any range visit. The new guide rod and spring last summer seem to have been an improvement too. As it turns out most times I've had an issue a 7 round mag was being used. I'm in the 3k neighborhood now and have had 2 failures in the past 500 rounds, both feeding and at over 30 rounds into the session. The next thing I'll be trying will be the Sig recoil spring on the new Kimber guide rod? On the ammo I tried some Winchester white box flat tip stuff before her trip to Yonkers and both myself and my pistol didn't like it. The pistol wouldn't run it well and it was messy for me to clean up. Both the Fiocchi and Hornady 90gr XTP ammo has been flawless before and after the trip up north though and have a flat tip. I think they're both loaded a little hotter?
Tejun and Panzer like this.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #6

Thanks Panzer, this pistol was sent back to Kimber a little over a year ago and was given a good "make over" and a set of night sights. At the time I had around 500 rounds on her and was getting intermittent failures feeding and ejecting...
Things were greatly improved when she made it home but still the odd snag every now and then, never prior to 25 rounds into any range visit. The new guide rod and spring last summer seem to have been an improvement too. As it turns out most times I've had an issue a 7 round mag was being used. I'm in the 3k neighborhood now and have had 2 failures in the past 500 rounds, both feeding and at over 30 rounds into the session. The next thing I'll be trying will be the Sig recoil spring on the new Kimber guide rod? On the ammo I tried some Winchester white box flat tip stuff before her trip to Yonkers and both myself and my pistol didn't like it. The pistol wouldn't run it well and it was messy for me to clean up. Both the Fiocchi and Hornady 90gr XTP ammo has been flawless before and after the trip up north though and have a flat tip. I think they're both loaded a little hotter?
Thanks for the good update on your Micro. Mine is back at Kimber for the 3rd time, now starting its 4th week there, because of multiple failures to extract and/or eject spent rounds. Hope it comes back to me as good as yours.
cousinmark likes this.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:23 PM   #7

I hope so too Panzer...
My suggestion would be to PITCH A FIT at this point. Freeking demand that it be replaced, channel that inner Jack Nicholson!!! Those new 9s seem nice. I'm suggesting in writing as well as with the highest ranking CS rep you can get on the phone. F it, I wouldn't be above sharing my feelings with the good folks at corporate as well. WTF, 3 times??? C'mon Kimber!!!
...there, I feel better :-)
...good luck Panzer
Old 04-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #8

I hope so too Panzer...
My suggestion would be to PITCH A FIT at this point. Freeking demand that it be replaced, channel that inner Jack Nicholson!!! Those new 9s seem nice. I'm suggesting in writing as well as with the highest ranking CS rep you can get on the phone. F it, I wouldn't be above sharing my feelings with the good folks at corporate as well. WTF, 3 times??? C'mon Kimber!!!
...there, I feel better :-)
...good luck Panzer
Whew Cousinmark, I wish I had the ca-hones to approach Kimber in this manner. But the Customer Service gals who intercept my calls are all so nice, sympathetic, and easy going. I just melt and ask them nicely to see what they can do, knowing full well they have been trained to tell us old codgers what we want to hear and to melt our resolve.
swca, cousinmark and starnovi like this.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #9

Timing is everything!
cousinmark and starnovi like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:47 AM   #10

100% is great cousinmark! Glad to hear it. I just picked up my third Micro- a CDP. It came with the old style guide rod. I put the new style guide rod in from another Micro (as I wait for it's replacement), installed a P238 recoil spring, polished the feedramp, polished the chamber, and polished the top of the feedramp going into the chamber. Cleaned it really well and lubed it well. Results from my first range trip; 300rnds of Blazer Brass and 6 magazines, 100%!!! I'm really starting to be confident with these pistols and I now have one in my pocket 24-7!

100% is the way it's supposed to be!

Have a good day, my friends!
swca and starnovi like this.
sawman556 is offline   Reply With Quote