New Micro Carry Problem - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #1

New Micro Carry Problem

Hello guys,

Just picked up a black micro carry as I wanted another pocket 380, sold my p238 a couple years ago and regretted it ever since. The kimber had a nicer trigger and overall great build quality so I figured I would give it a shot! The gun shoots great with very little recoil, very similar to the p238 which is good! The thing I'm disappointed with is the reliability of the gun. I shot 60 rounds through it, 50 remington FMJ and 10 90 grain hyrashoks. With both types of ammunition I was getting Failure to return to battery issues about every 1/5 shots. Any ideas as to how I should proceed? I don't wanna keep throwing ammo down range if its not gonna fix itself as a "break in" because 380 is hard to find in my area and pretty expensive to shoot.One thing i did notice is the feed ramp seems a bit steep so I'm wondering if that is contributing to the guns ability to return to battery. Thanks Guys!
Markie and starnovi like this.
Driv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Driv3r and congratulations on the new Micro Carry. First things first did you clean and lube the gun before heading out to the range for the first time? Believe it or not that is the biggest cause of the type of problem you're describing.
starnovi likes this.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Driv3r and congratulations on the new Micro Carry. First things first did you clean and lube the gun before heading out to the range for the first time? Believe it or not that is the biggest cause of the type of problem you're describing.

Hello Chuck, thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, I did clean and oil the gun before heading out the range. I did not have the gun dripping with oil, but it was certainly oiled in all the places stated in the user manual.

Another thing that I just thought of was that the gun would sometimes engage the slide stop with rounds still in the magazine, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my issues. I thought at first that it was just me applying pressure to the slide stop while shooting, but now that I think of it my buddy was cautious of doing that so he was shooting with his thumbs off to the side and it happened with him as well. Starting to think the gun might need to make a trip back to kimber.
starnovi likes this.

Last edited by Driv3r; 12-20-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Driv3r, since you've now mentioned that the slide stop is engaging with rounds still in the magazine I'd suggest you give Kimbers customer service a call on Monday morning and describe the problem to them. This is the first time I've heard of this problem with a Micro Carry.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: MF, 9 a.m.7 p.m. Eastern
Old 12-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Driv3r, since you've now mentioned that the slide stop is engaging with rounds still in the magazine I'd suggest you give Kimbers customer service a call on Monday morning and describe the problem to them. This is the first time I've heard of this problem with a Micro Carry.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: MF, 9 a.m.7 p.m. Eastern
Thanks for the information Chuck, I plan to give them a call monday. I'm a bit bummed to have a problem with a brand new gun but hopefully it can be fixed quickly.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I'm confident that they are going to take care of you, Kimber has some of the best customer service in the industry.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #7

Welcome to the forum from St Lou..
Sorry to hear about your Micro Carry but here's a couple of links from the forum about it..
If you can't figure the issue out, Kimber has wonderful customer service and they will take care of it..
LINKS
https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...-bad-news.html

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...olo-micro.html
starnovi likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #8

I'd have to second the issue of "clean and lube." In fact, some guys here recommended I oil the pistol until it dripped. I had always heard that oil attracts grit, so it seemed like odd advice.

Well, I detail stripped the pistol, cleaned out every nook and cranny, and then drenched the pistol in Teflon Tri-Flow.

The stoppage problem disappeared.
starnovi likes this.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from Ohio!! Sorry to hear you're having problems. Kimber will make it right.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #10

micro 380

I have had the same problems you are describing. I shot about 80 rounds today and got frequent FTE. I have 3 Kimber mags and had the problem rotating all 3. This is about 300 rounds in the gun. Have cleaned and lubed thoroughly. Like the gun very much but very concerned about reliability and certainly don't want to use it for carry at this point.
starnovi likes this.
tthrower is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber micro 380 problems

kimber micro 9 problems
kimber micro 9 recall
kimber micro carry 380 problems

kimber micro carry problems

kimber micro issues
kimber micro problems
problems with kimber micro 9
Click on a term to search for related topics.