Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LinckG
  • 1 Post By Marshall
  • 1 Post By Chuck43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #1

Micro CDP first trip to the range

I posted in the pic thread yesterday of my new Micro CDP. Took it to the range today and put 50 rounds through it. As others report, it shoots like a .22. I put 45 rounds of PMC Bronze and 5 rounds of Hydra-Shoks. Both had a similar recoil. Not sure why I left 5 rounds of PMC in the box, but oh well.

I had 0 issues with the pistol. Every shot ejected, and chambered a new round as expected. My accuracy with this pistol sux. It is going to take time for me to get used to it. As a reference, the other 3 pistols I took today were a full size Stainless TLE II, a full size Glock 20, and the ginormous HK Mark 23. That is what I'm used to. They shoot where I want them to.

I know it's my grip. I tended to shoot low most of the time. I know I was squeezing the grip too tight. I think I was subconsciously afraid of the tiny gun slipping out of my hand because it is so light. I also have a tendency to grip harder when the trigger pull is over 5 lbs. The Micro is approximately 7 according to Kimber's site. Comparing it to the other 3 pistols I shot today, it is by far the heaviest trigger pull.

Even though I want to get the extended mag for the pinky rest, it was comfortable to shoot. It did not bother me like I thought it would. I expect a few more trips to the range will have my shots much better.

I did not try the laser. I will not try it until I get my accuracy with the sights where I want it. I didn't buy this pistol for the laser. I bought it for the tritium sights. It just happened to have the laser grips.

I'll hit the range again soon. This pistol is so light and easy to carry, I will probably carry it even when I have another pistol on me. I really like it. Now to get my accuracy in line with my expectations.
DGM1962 likes this.
LinckG is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #2

Your POA will get much better as you get use to your new toy..
I have the same issue every time I buy a new revolver since the sights are all different on them..
Thanks for the range report..
DGM1962 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
Super Moderator

First off I know everything your going through been there and done that with the Sig P238, which is a mirror image of the Micro Carry. The extended magazine will be a world of help and if you can't find a Kimber extended mag get a Sig they're the same thing.

Relax you grip, it will help a lot the gun isn't going any where as you've already found out the recoil is very mild.

There was a time when I drank the koolade and thought laser grips were going to save the world, in my case I shot worse with them so I gave the gun and grips to my son who thanked me then later said thanks for nothing dad I spent more time chasing the laser then I did hitting my point of aim. He returned the 1911 Sig C3 with the CT laser grips, that was the first time I ever got a gun back from him without asking, pleading, begging and threatening to cut him out of my will.

I bought the Sig P238 (Kimber clone) when I couldn't find a Micro Carry in any of our LGS and fell in love with it as a summer shorts and t-shirt carry gun. I got used to pocket carrying it and now can't leave it behind, in the cooler weather I'm back to carrying my Super Carry Pro IWB but the little Sig is still carried in my pocket.
DGM1962 likes this.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #4

Sounds like a great range visit. Thanks for sharing.

I also have a Sig P238 that I love. It took time to get comfortable with the grip. Love the lack of recoil!

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #5

Sounds like a good range trip, I often leave an odd number of rounds for the ride home as well. Smh... I do not know why.

More range time will get you where you want to be with your target. I like the feel of the Micro, it is indeed light and I often carry it with another weapon.

Good post.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
First off I know everything your going through been there and done that with the Sig P238, which is a mirror image of the Micro Carry. The extended magazine will be a world of help and if you can't find a Kimber extended mag get a Sig they're the same thing.
I did yesterday. It doesn't fit. It looks like it should fit, but it doesn't. I even pushed pretty hard on it, and no go. It was way more expensive than the Kimber mag too. I've seen pics of Kimbers with the Sig mag in them. I guess I'll take it back and get another one. I hope the receipt is in the car, because it's not on my desk.
LinckG is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
kimber micro carry cdp forum
kimber micro carry cdp trigger
kimber micro carry extended mag
kimber micro extended magazine
kimber micro shoots low

will grips from a kimber micro fit a sig p238

Click on a term to search for related topics.