• 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By designrs
  • 1 Post By Supertool
  • 1 Post By rbmuse
  • 1 Post By Panzer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 06:04 PM   #1

380 returns from the mothership!

Wow, in just 2 weeks, my Micro 380 came back from Yonkers. Talk about excellent service! I was having problems engaging the manual safety and then, after having it looked at by someone other than me, started having repeated stove pipes. This gun has been flawless through 2000 rounds after I replaced the old guide rod and spring. I did replace the spring after every 1000 rounds. They replaced the slide stop, ejector pin, sear, ejector, firing pin spring, hammer, ambi thumb safety and recoil spring. I think I have a brand new gun at no cost to me. They did adjust the extractor, refinish the barrel and reamed and polished the chamber. Can't wait to get to the range Friday and see how it shoots. Do you think I'll have a new break in period after all that work? I have to give kudos to Kimber for such complete and fast service!
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 8 others like this.
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
Super Moderator

You still have your original frame, slide and barrel so there won't be any new breaking in for you.
Elf1 likes this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:19 PM   #3

Sounds good! Please keep us updated!!
Elf1 likes this.
designrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2017, 07:41 PM   #4

Yonkers has always gave me a quick turn around. I have read on here the issues some of you have had but so far I can't complain. Hope everything works out for you.
Elf1 likes this.
Supertool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #5

Glad to read about how Kimber helped resolve your concerns.

"I don't carry a firearm looking for trouble, I carry one in case trouble finds me."

I support the 2nd Amendment as does the NRA. Nuff said.
Slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:12 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
Wow, in just 2 weeks, my Micro 380 came back from Yonkers. Talk about excellent service! I was having problems engaging the manual safety and then, after having it looked at by someone other than me, started having repeated stove pipes. This gun has been flawless through 2000 rounds after I replaced the old guide rod and spring. I did replace the spring after every 1000 rounds. They replaced the slide stop, ejector pin, sear, ejector, firing pin spring, hammer, ambi thumb safety and recoil spring. I think I have a brand new gun at no cost to me. They did adjust the extractor, refinish the barrel and reamed and polished the chamber. Can't wait to get to the range Friday and see how it shoots. Do you think I'll have a new break in period after all that work? I have to give kudos to Kimber for such complete and fast service!

Same thing with mine it only took a week! Four new parts and polished the barrel. Looks great shoots great. No cost to me. Wow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Elf1 likes this.
rbmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Supertool View Post
Yonkers has always gave me a quick turn around. I have read on here the issues some of you have had but so far I can't complain. Hope everything works out for you.
My 1st Micro .380 went back to Kimber 3X. It was taking 6 weeks to get warranty work done then. Maybe Kimber has hired one more gunsmith, doubling the number of folks who screw around with our firearms.

In contrast, I sent my Springfield EMP back for a minor repair a day or two before Christmas and got it back in 8 days. Not bad considering the holidays. That said, I am not happy with Springfield's recent shenanigans in the Illinois legislature when state licensing of gun dealers was proposed. Good warranty turnaround times, but bad politics.
Chuck43 likes this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote