Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ice-and-Snow
  • 1 Post By Panzer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #1

.380 fancy grip source

Looks like really nice work AND a ton of .380 and 9mm Micro grips!

https://spressercustomgrips.com/prod...ber/micro-380/
https://spressercustomgrips.com/prod...ber/micro-9mm/

also:

https://spressercustomgrips.com/prod...er/solo-carry/
Elf1 likes this.

Last edited by Ice-and-Snow; 01-01-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #2

Elsewhere: CLEAR plastic grips for the .380 Micro!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Kimbe...0AAOSw4GVYQMl2
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #3

Thank you for the info. Great to know!

Old 01-01-2018, 09:56 PM   #4

Below is a recently published article warning against making cosmetic changes to your EDC firearm. The jist of the piece is this: Why give the prosecutor more ammo to paint you in a bad light before the jury who may not be real sympathetic to you and what you did.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/12/daniel-zimmerman/legal-advice-dont-make-cosmetic-changes-to-your-personal-defense-gun/
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:24 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
Below is a recently published article warning against making cosmetic changes to your EDC firearm. The jist of the piece is this: Why give the prosecutor more ammo to paint you in a bad light before the jury who may not be real sympathetic to you and what you did.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/12/daniel-zimmerman/legal-advice-dont-make-cosmetic-changes-to-your-personal-defense-gun/
I think the article was more about "Punnisher" logos, and the like, rather than traditional decoration, like grips and simple engraving (if you happen to like that sort of stuff). The question to be asked is, how would this be perceived by a person who hates guns?

As far as Grips, I see most of them as being rather neutral. That being said, I happen to like to grips that came on my Kimber. The overall look of it is part of why I purchased it. Kimber did a good job with the Desert Night colour scheme.

I will say, some of the checkered wood grips on the linked page are very attractive.
Hasaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:42 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Panzer View Post

I don't agree with that for a second.

1. If you don't believe in the absolute right to have a gun- the 2A- then don't have one.

2. If you are afraid of a little personalization on your gun, then perhaps the 2A should be reread.

3. The way a gun looks is not evidence of a crime being committed. It is not evidence of anyone thinking about committing a crime. Crimes have to be proven by evidence.

4. Self defense actions are either self defense or not. The color of your gun does not make a good self defense situation a bad one.

5. If we are going to cower in fear , then perhaps the battle is lost.

6 Why assume the prosecutor is going to charge you? Why would you think that?
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
I don't agree with that for a second.

1. If you don't believe in the absolute right to have a gun- the 2A- then don't have one.

2. If you are afraid of a little personalization on your gun, then perhaps the 2A should be reread.

3. The way a gun looks is not evidence of a crime being committed. It is not evidence of anyone thinking about committing a crime. Crimes have to be proven by evidence.

4. Self defense actions are either self defense or not. The color of your gun does not make a good self defense situation a bad one.

5. If we are going to cower in fear , then perhaps the battle is lost.

6 Why assume the prosecutor is going to charge you? Why would you think that?
1. I don't see the connection between owning a pretty firearm vs. belief in the 2A. I assume you believe in the 2A if you own a firearm, regardless of whether you decide to dress it up or not.

2. Same as No. 1.

3. Couldn't agree with you more, but an ambitious prosecutor who wants to make a name for him/herself will use anything to paint a defendant is the worst possible light. Like the atty in the video said, a pretty gun is just one more thing he has to address before the jury. Not that it will be a great problem for him, but why have to mess with it. It can complicate things.

4. Same as No. 3.

5. I don't dress up my firearms and I don't cower in fear. First off, I am just a plain person. I do like a good looking firearm (a stock 1911 vs. a piece of rebar Glock), but I will not go to the effort to put skulls on the slide or put fancy grips on it, esp. a firearm I might carry. A safe queen or range gun - have at it and customize it to the max if that is what floats your boat. I cannot see that you will get in trouble for that unless all your firearms get confiscated after a defensive gun use.

6. I know nothing about prosecutors other than what I have read about them. But people who have more knowledge of the legal system than me have said that some prosecutors want to make a name for themselves and will go to any length to find you guilty if they so desire. If you live in the urban areas of CA, NY, NJ, CT, and other states that are hostile to the 2A, then prosecutors may be politically expected to lower the hammer on defendants who have used a firearm to defend themselves or others.

I agree entirely with the atty in the video link, why add one more thing that might complicate your case when so much is at stake? My personal advice, go ahead and put a dress on that Glock (it needs one bad), but don't use it as your EDC firearm if you do.

Last edited by Panzer; 01-02-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Hasaf View Post
I think the article was more about "Punnisher" logos, and the like, rather than traditional decoration, like grips and simple engraving (if you happen to like that sort of stuff). The question to be asked is, how would this be perceived by a person who hates guns?

As far as Grips, I see most of them as being rather neutral. That being said, I happen to like to grips that came on my Kimber. The overall look of it is part of why I purchased it. Kimber did a good job with the Desert Night colour scheme.

I will say, some of the checkered wood grips on the linked page are very attractive.
I like the stock Kimber grips too. My .380 is the DC model - all black and pretty plain. Sometimes I like stuff I own to be plain, but give me a 1967 Corvette and it will get dressed up with stock goodies like sidepipes, knockoffs, 427 stinger hood, nice paint, etc. - assuming I could afford them which I can't because I paid too much for my Kimber DC with laser grips.
427malibu likes this.