Green Laser? - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By xMusashix
  • 2 Post By Panzer
  • 2 Post By ChattanoogaPhil
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 2
Post Green Laser?

I am looking to get a green laser for my Kimber Micro 380.

Anybody have any suggestions? I contacted Crimson Trace and Viridian customer service and both companies said they donít carry anything.

Seemed like The ViridianR5 for the Sig P238 might fit.

Thanks
Cucamonga kid likes this.
xMusashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
JC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northeast Pa
Posts: 6,183
Welcome from Northeast, Pa. I did a quick search and couldnít find anything.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 4,011
Originally Posted by xMusashix View Post

Seemed like The ViridianR5 for the Sig P238 might fit.
I doubt it. My wife has a Sigg P238 with the Crimson trace laser guard it will not fit on her Kimber Micro Belair.
The green lasers are nice. I would always choose a green over red but they are not that necessary and lowlight the red is highly visible from the Crimson trace laser grip's.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-03-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 4,011
IMHO CTC Laser Grips are a great option. They are available for the Micro but only come in red for that model.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,704
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois xMusashix, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 163
I have the laser grips on my Micro. I thought the laser would be the best thing since sliced bread, but have changed my mind. I think they are over rated. Would not pay $350 for them separately.

In addition to the limited usefulness of the laser, my right hand blocks the laser beam most of the time too, so that is not good. If you want to get a high grip on the pistola, blockage is almost inevitable. And I don't have meat hooks for hands. They are just medium size I suppose.

But other's mileage may vary.
Shootinit and PaulWVa like this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
PaulWVa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Dunbar, WVa
Posts: 1,512
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
I have the laser grips on my Micro. I thought the laser would be the best thing since sliced bread, but have changed my mind. I think they are over rated. Would not pay $350 for them separately.

In addition to the limited usefulness of the laser, my right hand blocks the laser beam most of the time too, so that is not good. If you want to get a high grip on the pistola, blockage is almost inevitable. And I don't have meat hooks for hands. They are just medium size I suppose.

But other's mileage may vary.
I had the same issue with early laser grips I tried at the LGS and Cabela's. I ended trying a CT universal rail mount in green and a clamp on red with a remote switch. I found them all to be too slow and too bulky to hang on my EDC. Ended up being great range fun, perfect for pellet rifle and the best cat toy ever.

But if I ever found the right price I think I would like to try a set of laser grips on one of my 1911s.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 163
Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
I had the same issue with early laser grips I tried at the LGS and Cabela's. I ended trying a CT universal rail mount in green and a clamp on red with a remote switch. I found them all to be too slow and too bulky to hang on my EDC. Ended up being great range fun, perfect for pellet rifle and the best cat toy ever.

But if I ever found the right price I think I would like to try a set of laser grips on one of my 1911s.
Laser grips might be OK on a full sized 1911. You should test them on a gun like yours at at a firearm store 1st to be sure your right hand does not block the beam.

I also have a Springfield EMP 9mm 1911. I thought I wanted to put laser grips on it, but have changed my mind. I'm just now getting into competitive shooting with the EMP where speed and accuracy while on the move are paramount. It simulates real world experience to an extent. A laser has no value there. But at the same time, I recognize that what doesn't work for me might be the cat's meow for someone else.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:07 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
ChattanoogaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,840
For self defense purposes

Outside daylight - No
Outside low light - Green is the winner
Outside night time - Green or Red
Inside - Green or Red

There isn't much of a downside to having a laser on a gun. However, for SD purposes the upside is generally limited to inside or low light conditions. Yes, green is daylight visible where red is not, but still isn't fast enough to pick up for SD purposes IMO.
2sharp2 and Panzer like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CT Laser Grips Tejun Kimber Talk 3 08-29-2017 01:03 PM
Crimson Trace Laser Grips jnichols2 Kimber Revolver Forum 11 07-30-2017 10:55 AM
Bright Light Green Laser 2sharp2 Parts & Accessories 9 05-13-2017 09:11 AM
Lg-905 sight xroosterx Kimber Concealed Carry 24 12-22-2016 06:36 PM
Range Report Micro 9 CT laser grips starnovi Kimber Micro 9 Forum 18 09-17-2016 03:40 AM