Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tejun
  • 3 Post By PaulWVa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #1

New Micro Raptor 2nd Range Report

Made a quick lunch time trip to the range today and brought my new Kimber Micro Raptor and my other Micro 380. Also brought my Solo CDP and will post in that forum.

On my first range trip with the new Raptor, I was having mag release problems using the modified Sig Magazine I had for my other Micro. When I was cleaning the Raptor after that range trip, I removed the mag release assembly and checked it out. Since I was also cleaning my other Micro, I removed the spring in it to compare to the Raptor. BIG difference.... The older Micro mag release spring was heavier guage and about 1/8" longer than the spring in the Raptor. Having just bought a spring kit for my Colt Gov Model 380, I checked the mag release spring in that kit. It was the same length as the one in the Raptor but seemed to be a bit stiffer so I installed that one. Well, that did not work as I experienced premature mag releases on not only the Sig mag, but also the 6 & 7 rnd Kimber mags, just not as frequent as with the Sig. Was bummed that I forgot my allen wrench kit that would have allowed me to try the assembly from my older Micro.

I had performed a deep cleaning of the older Micro before the holidays and it shot all the mags with various ammo types with not a single problem. The Micro Raptor also did well other than the occasional mag releasing while shooting. Will put the mag release in the Raptor for next range visit and that should indicated if its simply a spring issue or something more in-depth. Total rounds between the two Micros was 80. Shot 100 gr Choice ammo, Some Monarch 94 gr, and Freedom Munitions 100 gr.

Target attached. Shot at 10 yrds. Did an experiment with my monovision contacts today and will post something on that later also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-11-18 Range Trip.jpg (91.4 KB, 5 views)
Supertool and PaulWVa like this.
Tejun is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #2

My kind of "lunch hour". You can always eat after you run out of ammo.
Tejun, Supertool and Karens like this.
PaulWVa is online now   Reply With Quote