Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Tejun
  • 1 Post By Tejun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #1

Micro Raptor Mag Releasing While Shooting

After my second range trip when the mag was still releasing while firing, I decided to swap the mag release assembly from my Micro Stainless. Talked to a buddy of mine and he said Sig P238s had a similar problem when they first came out. The fix was installing a stiffer mag release spring. He had a spare one that he gave me to try.

Stopped at an outdoor range on way to Lakehouse this morning. Shot the Raptor with the mag release assembly from my other Micro using the Sig Mag and had no releases while shooting. Shot the Micro with the Raptor mag release and had a release on first mag. Removed the mag release assembly and installed the Sig Mag release spring and loaded up the Micro Stainless again. No failures. Swapped the mag release assembly to my Raptor and shot through several mags. No releases while shooting.

I think I got that problem resolved.

Having another Micro to help troubleshoot was VERY helpful.
Chuck43, cousinmark, JC45 and 2 others like this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #2

Glad you seem to have killed that squirrel. Out of curiosity does the Sig spring look ant different than the Kimber?
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:46 AM   #3

Good Morning CousinMark !
In comparison to the original mag spring in the Micro Raptor, it looks identical but about 1/8" longer. In comparison to the spring in my Micro Stainless, the Sig spring is same length but a heavier gauge wire. My Micro Stainless was an earlier model that came with the older style recoil spring.

I immediately noticed the stronger spring tension when installing the Sig spring vs the original spring, which required little effort to compress into the release assembly. I'm planning to call Kimber on Monday.
cousinmark likes this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote