Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Tejun
  • 2 Post By Tejun
  • 2 Post By Karens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 07:12 AM   #1

Micro Raptor Range Report No. 3

Took the Micro Raptor out to the range yesterday along with my Rock Island Baby Rock and the Dan Wesson Valor I recently acquired.

Shot 50 rnds of 100 gr Choice RNHB and Remington 95 gr ammo. Had two instances of the slide failing to go fully into battery when sling shotting the slide after inserting a fresh mag. A slight tap with my thumb would get it to go fully into battery. No other issues other than that. Will do some polishing this weekend and keep shooting. I'm just a little over 200 rnds through it. Love this little pistol !!

Shot the Baby Rock with the new 10 lb recoil spring. All was good, no issues or failures.

Finished up the range session with the DW Valor. That is one sweet shooting 1911 right there. Other than maybe getting some different grips, nothing else is needed other than having fun shooting it

Range pic attached is the target used for the DW at 12 yds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Range Trip 1-31-18.jpg (99.8 KB, 12 views)
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #2

Thumbs up Nice shooting !

Sounds and looks like a good day at the range. I have looked at some DW's at one of my lg's. They look very nice. I do not remember what you own in firearms. Do you have a full size kimber to compare with your Dan Wesson? It would be nice to compare triggers and machining also I would like to compare barrels as far as feed ramps and chamber.

So if you could put that comparison together for me along with a comparison with an Ed brown Cobry Carry. Please have them ready b y friday.
All kidding aside keep up the nice shooting. Enjoy your 1911's.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #3

Originally Posted by swca View Post
Sounds and looks like a good day at the range. I have looked at some DW's at one of my lg's. They look very nice. I do not remember what you own in firearms. Do you have a full size kimber to compare with your Dan Wesson? It would be nice to compare triggers and machining also I would like to compare barrels as far as feed ramps and chamber.

So if you could put that comparison together for me along with a comparison with an Ed brown Cobry Carry. Please have them ready b y friday.
All kidding aside keep up the nice shooting. Enjoy your 1911's.
Hey Tom !
I'll get to work on that comparison report right away but that is a killer deadline
Right now, for comparison purposes (in full size) I only have the Colt Gov 1911 I bought last summer and a Star Interarms 1911. Not sure either would be a good specimen to review against the DW though.
Chuck43 and Karens like this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #4

Nice shooting gotta love them Raptor's!
Tejun and Mini Me like this.