• 1 Post By Panzer
  • 1 Post By OrmondB
  • 1 Post By Panzer
  • 1 Post By OrmondB
  • 1 Post By Randyh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2018, 06:26 AM   #1

Experience with Lehigh Xtreme Defender or Penetrator Ammo

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Lehigh Xtreme Defense or Penetrator ammo (or equivalent Underwood brand) in your Micro .380? In particular, I want to know if you have had any feeding problems since the nose of the bullet is an odd shape. Based on numerous YouTube videos I've watched, it looks like it might be a superior .380 self-defense round IF it will feed through the firearm OK.
cousinmark likes this.

Last edited by Panzer; 02-26-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to OrmondB Send a message via MSN to OrmondB Send a message via Yahoo to OrmondB
I put 20 rounds of the Xtreme Defence through my Micro 380 today and it worked fine with no issues. My gun likes anything I put through it including flat nose rounds. The Lehigh is going to be my EDC ammo. Ammo Quest gives it very high marks.
Panzer likes this.
OrmondB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #3

Originally Posted by OrmondB View Post
I put 20 rounds of the Xtreme Defence through my Micro 380 today and it worked fine with no issues. My gun likes anything I put through it including flat nose rounds. The Lehigh is going to be my EDC ammo. Ammo Quest gives it very high marks.
Thanks for you input. Sounds like you have a good Micro .380. I was appreciative of the tests of self defense ammo done on Ammo Quest.
OrmondB likes this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 06:09 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to OrmondB Send a message via MSN to OrmondB Send a message via Yahoo to OrmondB
Rodger that Panzer. I hope others will let us know their experiences. I plan to order some more of this ammo and do some more testing. I also shot 40 rounds of 9 MM through 2 of my other guns. All was good.
Panzer likes this.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #5

I have ordered some of the XTP JHP in the 90 grain and 90 grain +P. I haven't shot it yet but will be back with a report when I do. I am interested in Underwood's training ammo so I called Kimber. The rep said that it should do fine. He said that the ammo that has given the most problem is the Winchester white box ammo with some rounds being 200 FPS slower than rated and I can attest to that. I am impressed with the reviews I am seeing on the .380 extreme defender 65 grain. The test videos on YouTube look awesome and I am considering making that my carry ammo. Please share with us you experiences with this ammo. Also the shipping from Underwood is very reasonable. Thanks and stay safe
Panzer likes this.
Randyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #6

Ormond How was the grouping of the extreme defense?
Randyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #7

It was good Randy. My preferred 380 carry ammo has been Precision One 90 GR/XTP loads and the grouping with the Lehigh was about the same.