OK. This time I am going to ask about the Micro Carry - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #1

OK. This time I am going to ask about the Micro Carry

So, at the end I could not resist. It cost me my loved G26 but I went back to the shop, bought it, and I have no regrets.

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/62304-post59.html

First impression. I LOVE IT!!! I am not sure I am going to carry it, it's too nice but it is definitely the best 380 I have ever shot. I tried it at the range, 100 rounds FMJ and it is smooth and accurate. Very impressed with this little thing.

Anyhow, I know, I can read the manual or what is already on the Internet, but I wanted to ask the same questions I had for my compact:

1) What regular maintenance would you recommend, if any? Ex: when should I replace the recoil spring? Anything else I should keep in mind other than standard clean and lube?

2) Any aftermarket recoil spring I should buy to replace the original one? Anything else? This was made in January this year, if it makes any difference. I don't know about the history of this model and if there was any change in the design after it was released.

3) I have one original magazine. What would you recommend? I would like to buy two more. I am not sure about mags with grip extension since I shoot it very well with two fingers only, but I may consider it if they are available.

4) Which hollow points do you use, if any? Typically I stick to Federal 380 Hydra Shock Tactical.

Thanks.
RustyIron likes this.

Last edited by buck119; 04-01-2015 at 02:28 PM.
buck119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #2

Great questions, and welcome to the Micro-club. I don't know what the spring mileage recommendation is, but have to guess that it is around 800-1000, similar to other Kimber springs. I did pick up a couple of the extended mag's for mine, preferring to have just that extra bit of grip available for my fat hands, but YMMV. I've run Gold Dots thru mine with no worries, but again, personal preference.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
Super Moderator

The recoil spring should be replaced every 1000 rounds, the main spring and firing pin spring are to be replaced at 5000 rounds.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #4

Thanks. The kimber mags are out if stock
Old 04-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #5

I picked up 3 of the 7 round mags at Larry's Gun and Pawn in Huntsville this past weekend. Looks like he had several left.
vtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #6

As for Hollow Point Carry Ammo, anything with a Hornady XTP. Hornady Custom XTP is what I carry in it. Penetrats 12" in Gel even through 4 layers of heavy denim. With reliable expansion. Ammo quest has a good video on YouTube for testing of 380 ammo. Hydro Shocks are always a good choice also.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois vtrick, swing by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introduce yourself to the membership.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #8

Vtrick, Welcome to the forum. I've got a big dealer here in Chicago that always seems to have a bunch hanging on the wall, and at standard retail price (~$20).
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #9

Welcome Buck. I absolutely love my Mirco Carry. Had an issue of not returning to battery right out of the box. Kimber fixed it. (A few others had same issue). But it is flawless, accurate, smooth and damn most comfortable gun in hand and concealed. I don't mind the smaller 6 round mag but I have 7 extended mags. More for the extra rounds than grip although I kind of like the feel and grip with the extended mag. Also, the grip does not detract at all from the esthetics of the pistol. I practice with American Eagle 95 gr. and carry for defense Remington Golden Saber 102 gr. I just keep her lubed and clean. Have fun with it, personally I simply can't find a flaw in the gun.
buck119 likes this.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #10

Originally Posted by buck119 View Post
3) I have one original magazine. What would you recommend? I would like to buy two more. I am not sure about mags with grip extension since I shoot it very well with two fingers only, but I may consider it if they are available.
Welcome Buck! Can't answer the rest, but DO try the extended mag (if you can find one -- they can be hard to find!). I have the one flush mag that came with my SS Micro, and bought three more extendeds -- on the theory that you can never be carrying too many rounds! I'm carrying the Micro because it's easier to carry than my 9mm, despite my concerns about the stopping power of the .380. (Still, the up-to-date reviews and discussions lead me to conclude that .380 in the hand is worth a 9mm in the safe! I am reasonably confident that the .380 will suffice. Most self-defense uses don't require actually shooting the guy -- that gamble is one I'm willing to roll on.

El

("Hornady XTP" -- that's what I carry loaded.)
2sharp2, Oreste and buck119 like this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
kimber 380 micro updated recoil spring

kimber micro 380 recoil spring

kimber micro 380 recoil spring replacement

kimber micro 380 replacement recoil spring
kimber micro 9mm extended magazine
kimber micro extended magazine
kimber micro magazine extension
kimber micro recoil spring
Click on a term to search for related topics.