Kimber Micro Carry Accessories & Parts Compatibility Thread - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #1

Kimber Micro Carry Accessories & Parts Compatibility Thread

I thought it would be helpful if we could collect here information about parts and accessories made for other guns that work with the Micro as well. Ideally FIRST HAND experience only.

(if there is something similar already the mods may move this post somewhere else).

I'll start with the SIG Sauer 6 rounds magazine made for the P238.

I tested it today. Few design difference. The magazines fits perfectly, it stays firm in place and it does not seem to interfere with the slide. Magazine release works with no apparent problems and the magazine falls free as the original. I ran four full magazines (FMJ), two with one round in the chamber (6+1). I think I can say the magazine is fully compatible with he Micro.

Remove Ads
Old 04-12-2015, 06:59 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Try doing a search, last year someone that owned both a Sig P238 and a Micro Carry broke them down and took side by side pictures of the innards. They are both knock off of the Colt Mustang. I'd do it for you but I'm up to my neck in something else right now.
Tinman likes this.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

Maybe this one??

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Try doing a search, last year someone that owned both a Sig P238 and a Micro Carry broke them down and took side by side pictures of the innards. They are both knock off of the Colt Mustang. I'd do it for you but I'm up to my neck in something else right now.
https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...cro-carry.html
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #4

I think that that was the one with the 7-Rds extended magazine. But as I said if you think it is a duplicate feel free to move it or remove it. Otherwise as soon ad I receive them I'll post about the Colt Mustang magazine and the the holster that I have ordered.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:40 PM   #5

One of the p238 guns comes with a holster i forget which one, we tried a micro in the sig holster and it work perfect.

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Super Moderator

The link jms-stlou posted is the one I was thinking of (thanks Jeff). I believe the difference in the length of the recoil springs is because Kimber uses a conventional round wire spring and Sig used a flat wire spring.
Marshall likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:53 AM   #7

The Colt Mustang mags work as well.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #8

Zoom,
My Sig P938 came with a holster (paddle) and I use it with my Micro Carry.
It works great for me.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #9

We should be seeing a "road test" in the near future.

Thor1030 was having problems with his Micro, and thought it might be the magazines. I had two standard size I was not using and shipped them to him. I received notification from UPS that they were delivered.

If we give him a week or so to test his pistol we should have pictures and a report on how the SIG parts actually worked in a Kimber pistol.

Best case, the idea is confirmed in actual practice. Worst case, Thor just has two more magazines to throw away. Win/win...
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #10

Today I tested the ProMag 6 rounds magazine for Mustang & Pocketlite. Nickel-Plated Steel (COL 05N).

Short Story:
I had a FTF on the last round most of the times I used the ProMag. No issues with the Kimber magazine, using the same ammunition. Harder spring, harder to load than the original.

Long story:
As the SIG magazine, when empty the Promag fits perfectly in the Micro, it stays firm in place and it does not seem to interfere with the slide. Magazine release works with no apparent problems and the magazine falls free as the original. When I started loading it I saw the first differences. The spring is definitely harder that the one in the Kimber or in the SIG. The SIG magazine I tried was well used and the Kimber one definitely broken in, but I can definitely say that the ProMag has a harder spring than the other two. Loading the sixth round can be problematic (I stopped more than one time to check if I had loaded six rounds already). Also, inserting the fully loaded magazine with the slide already into battery is a much harder task than for the Kimber or the Sig magazine. The ProMag has to be pushed hard to make sure the magazine catch clicks in and keeps it in position. It also seems to be tighter on the rounds and that makes it harder when loading the sixth or even the fifth round.
I shot 75 rounds, PMC 90GR FMJ. With this 75 rounds I shot eight times the ProMag magazine loaded 6 + 1 in the chamber, three times the Kimber magazine loaded 6 + 1 in the chamber, and the remaining four rounds again in the Promag, three times two rounds at the time and one round the last time. I know, the numbers do not add up but that is because I reused the rounds that had FTF. In fact of eight “magazines” fully loaded (6+1 in the chamber) I had six FTF on the last round. The six unfired rounds were then loaded in the Kimber magazine and shot with no issues. Same for the other two times that I shot the Kimber magazine (each time 6+1).
The remaining four round, were loaded two at the time in the ProMag. First time: FTF on the second round. Second and third time, same thing. Fourth round shot alone, no issues (I thought I could get a FTF by cycling the slide manually since this too was a “last round”, but it was loaded in the chamber without any problem, I should have tried the magazine more times with one round only but I did not).

Conclusions:
I am sure it woks perfectly with the Colt but based on this short and limited test I don't think I would buy a second one for my Kimber Micro.

On a ligther note, the small Soft Case for the S&W Bodyguard 380 works perfectly .

Marshall likes this.

Last edited by buck119; 04-14-2015 at 01:13 PM.
buck119 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
kimber micro 380 accessories
kimber micro 380 parts

kimber micro 9 accessories

kimber micro 9 aftermarket parts
kimber micro 9 upgrades

kimber micro accessories

kimber micro carry accessories

kimber micro parts

Click on a term to search for related topics.