New to the Forums Looking to buy a Micro - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree46Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 19
New to the Forums Looking to buy a Micro

Hi all I am looking into buying a Micro and am not sure which to get as I have not shot one yet, I am looking at the Micro advocate Brown or the Crimson Carry. I called Kimber and they will be releasing the night sights for sale separately for around 123.00$ per their 2015 retail price list they ship with their sales magazines. Just wondering what your guys opinion is on the laser grips on these guns. I'm leaning towards getting the crison carry and buying the night sights for it when they are released.
Epwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Zoomybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,665
I have a Micro Raptor with night sights. My only concern with the Crimson Trace on such a small gun is the handles are already small, then you add the Laser to one side and its that much less room to grip the gun. And if your left handed then its even worse.



Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 1 others like this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,806
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Epwillis, I'd suggest you try shooting a gun with a laser sight before you buy one. We have a number of members here that actually shoot worse with the laser then they do without it.
Epwillis likes this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
Welcome to KT.
__________________
Insta-Gator aka .. Gary
(warning: prone to bouts of petulance)

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
Welcome to the forum from Cardinal Nation
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Albert.Cairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,869
Welcome to the forum from the woods of Michigan. I have the standard model Micro Carry with the standard white dot sights. My question would be, is this going to be your primary EDC? My Primary weapons have night sights simply because it's next to me on the night stand when not on my hip. If it's going to be a backup, or summer throw in a pocket holster gun save the money and get the standard. It's still a fantastic very controllable little firearm. Anyways, welcome
glokrok and Epwillis like this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
Welcome to the forum from the woods of Michigan. I have the standard model Micro Carry with the standard white dot sights. My question would be, is this going to be your primary EDC? My Primary weapons have night sights simply because it's next to me on the night stand when not on my hip. If it's going to be a backup, or summer throw in a pocket holster gun save the money and get the standard. It's still a fantastic very controllable little firearm. Anyways, welcome
I am in Michigan as well, its going to be a summer pocket gun as of now but might become my edc.
Epwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
I have a Micro Raptor with night sights. My only concern with the Crimson Trace on such a small gun is the handles are already small, then you add the Laser to one side and its that much less room to grip the gun. And if your left handed then its even worse.
I had the same thought, about putting the laser grip on a small gun.
Epwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Epwillis, I'd suggest you try shooting a gun with a laser sight before you buy one. We have a number of members here that actually shoot worse with the laser then they do without it.
My father has a MP9c with a CT grip and I've shot that but the activation button is on the back of the backstrap so you have to apply a bit more palm pressure to turn it on. I guess I need to shoot his again to make sure I would really want the laser. The reason I looked at the crimson carry was because it had the laser and not the sights and the sights would be cheaper to purchase later on than the laser grip would be.
Epwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jflytle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Northern ILL
Posts: 3,645
I have a basic black Micro, no dots, not night sights, nothing. Just blackout sights. I consider these a point-your-finger (point of aim) gun and really for anything under 10', not yards. This is a close in, eminent danger, inside-my-personal-space kinda gun. I think the laser is really not required, night sights a nice option. YMMV.

Oh, BTW, welcome from Northern Illinois. ;-)
Nellybelle, Chuck43 and Epwillis like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Search tags for this page

kimber micro night sights

,

mepro sites for kimber micro carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Sub Forums Chuck43 Kimber Forum Announcements 5 05-05-2015 07:27 AM
New Kimber Forums Miscellaneous Classifieds Section! OSOKILL Miscellaneous 2 06-11-2014 06:47 PM
More sub forums? Mike240 Kimber Talk 16 11-08-2013 07:30 AM
New Kimber Forums Parts & Accessories Only Classifieds Section! OSOKILL Parts & Accessories 0 01-11-2013 10:31 PM
New Kimber Forums Firearms Only Classifieds Section! OSOKILL Firearms Only 0 01-11-2013 10:15 PM