Holster Options - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #1

Holster Options

So, as a family (we're pretty bad ass, obviously) my mother, step dad, and I got our pistol permits. My mother, being the last to buy a handgun, decided to go with the Kimber Micro Carry .380. This was in my top 5 for my first purchase as well, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to ask advice on her options for concealed carry. She doesn't wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday and when she does she doesn't wear a belt. She likes to wear a flowy blouse and tights, dresses, etc. She has looked at some options here, but hasn't been able to decide on one. Any of you females have similar issues in deciding which carry method is best? Any of you guys have a lady in your life that owns and EDC this handgun?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TylerRAWR; 07-14-2018 at 09:54 AM.
TylerRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #2

Tyler, welcome to the site from Tennessee. I'm sure the ladies will be along, Snowtao? Miss GiGi? come to mind first.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois TylerRAWR, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

Old 07-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #4

I donít have an answer, just wanted to say that the website you linked to has so many options for women. Thanks for the share!

My suggestion would be first to try one of those concealed purses. That would go with many different outfits. Looking at that website I could understand how how this would be a difficult choice seeing that women have so many different options in clothing and having to match a holster of some sort to each different option. I think the purse is the best option to start out with. This should be the easiest to draw from too. Drawing from under deep cover or clothing can be difficult to get used to.

Good luck on your search and kudos to your mother for wanting to carry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cnutco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #5

Sometimes I don't feel like wearing enough leather to take on Bill Hickok. I bought some pouches.

I have two from Harley, a black one and an orange, and really fancy-schmancy one from Tuff.

They can slip onto your belt, and stay tight to your body where a fanny pack swings.