Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By cousinmark
  • 2 Post By cousinmark
  • 2 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #1

.380 spring tune up kit

Well once I get my .380 back and working right (I hope) we will need to spring tune up kit. I know Kimber sells them for the 1911 but, where can I get one for the Raptor 380?
Old 07-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #2

Kimber sells the springs you'll need for your Micro. They come in packages of 3 and have a 1000 round projected lifespan. I'd call and ask that they toss a fresh one in your Raptor before they send it back. They'll probably do that for free.
Chuck43 and JC45 like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #3

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Kimber sells the springs you'll need for your Micro. They come in packages of 3 and have a 1000 round projected lifespan. I'd call and ask that they toss a fresh one in your Raptor before they send it back. They'll probably do that for free.
I am not talking about the recoil spring, main spring, firing pin spring. They sell the kit for my Pro but, not my Micro.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #4

I'm not certain on the mainspring, I've never changed mine. I have gotten everything else, recoil, slide stop and firing pin springs from Kimber. They may have just sent me the firing pin spring I don't recall? If you have a pistol in for service ask about what ever else you are wanting they may just toss it in? "you don't catch any fish unless your line's in the water" :-)
Chuck43 and Karens like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:03 AM   #5

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
I'm not certain on the mainspring, I've never changed mine. I have gotten everything else, recoil, slide stop and firing pin springs from Kimber. They may have just sent me the firing pin spring I don't recall? If you have a pistol in for service ask about what ever else you are wanting they may just toss it in? "you don't catch any fish unless your line's in the water" :-)
Thanks, but its already on it way back. Like I said I see the recoil springs for the Micro .380 . They have a kit for my 9mm for $14.95 which includes all 3 springs that need maintenance at 5,000 rounds. Of course Kimber wants you to send the firearm back to them to do it, honey has already taken gun done so he knows how to do it. He said that you have to maintain your firearm like you do your car with a oil change, when the miles hit you do it. So I was just wondering 1. if anyone has done this and 2. where did you get the parts?
Old 07-29-2018, 07:01 AM   #6

I often buy springs from Wolff (www.gunsprings.com). They make OEM springs for some of the manufacturers, but I'm not sure about Kimber. Using their user-friendly web page, it's easy to find the springs for any particular gun. You might find that some of the smaller springs are so cheap that you just buy them because it's convenient, and it's simple to change them since you have the gun apart anyway.
Tejun and Karens like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #7

Called Wolfe Springs last week looking for a recoil spring for my wifeís Kimber Micro 380. The lady on the other end of the phone said they didnít have any springs for this pistol. Donít manufacture at this time.
Supertool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Supertool View Post
Called Wolfe Springs last week looking for a recoil spring for my wife’s Kimber Micro 380. The lady on the other end of the phone said they didn’t have any springs for this pistol. Don’t manufacture at this time.
We found the kit after another post about the Colt Mustang. It is from Wolf.

Last edited by Karens; 08-05-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Karens is offline   Reply With Quote