Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree16Likes
  • 9 Post By vortex360
  • 2 Post By Wingnut
  • 5 Post By VvVvrjrlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #1

380 not locking slide back half the time

I have a Micro 380 in SS with the rosewood grips that I purchased 4 days ago. The slide would not lock back about 50% of the time on the last round. I suspected the magazine and rather than wait for my extra magazines to arrive by mail, I put to use several suggestions I read here. I disassembled the magazine that came with the pistol and filed down some rough edges on each side of the follower. The follower initially had a difficult time sliding down the magazine when inserted but after the smoothed edges it fell noticeably nice into the magazine. I stretched the spring from end to end a bit. I then bent the spring where it meets the follower up about 5 degrees. After reassembling the magazine I walked out to some woods nearby tonight with some lights to see if it would lock the slide back. I could not believe that after many individual shots with an empty magazine the failure rate was 0%. I am super-relieved about that as the pistol looks great, cycles like a scalded dog and is amazingly accurate for such a small sight radius. I will be saving up for it's twin, the Micro 9. Thanks for the input I received here and I look forward to enjoying this forum in the future.
vortex360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-03-2019, 05:32 AM   #2

Glad to hear that you solved your problem. There is a wealth of knowledge to be had on this Forum.
Chuck43 and vortex360 like this.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #3

I must say that in the early 1970s i was quite into target shooting with a Star 9mm (all I could afford). Got married had kids put guns away for 15 years. In addition to getting out the firearms and reloading equipment I purchased a micro 9 with laser sight and a 1911 pro carry II. Best two firearms i have ever owned. And this forum makes it easy for an out of date oldtimer like me to “catch up”.
VvVvrjrlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #4

Well the slide is STILL not locking back 100% of the time with the replacement mag that Kimber sent me. My last hope is the 2 Colt mags I will receive in a couple of days. This has given me a migraine and I am not happy with Kimber at all.
vortex360 is offline   Reply With Quote