Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By vortex360
  • 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 3 Post By RustyIron
  • 2 Post By ChattanoogaPhil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2019, 10:16 AM   #1

Kimber replaced my 380

Well my saga with the slide on the Kimber Micro 380 not locking back 100% on the final round was not over. The slide lock spring and the recess area it sits in kept getting worse. I could not reassemble the gun as the spring was bent and would not stay inserted any longer. Kimber replaced the weapon with a new one in exactly 14 days. I was/am very amazed at their customer service. Interesting to note that the Kimber Manufacturing Plant is directly across the street from the Bronx, one of the 5 boroughs of New York where even thinking about guns is forbidden. One can walk about 8 feet off of their property to the middle of the street and be in no man's land. Pretty wild.
2sharp2, Cucamonga kid and Panzer like this.
vortex360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #2

If you're still in New York City, would you like us to arrange bail money, or should we just come and shoot you out?

BTW, none of us need abortions, so you'd have to reimburse us for fuel and cartridges.
Panzer and DeOlMan like this.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Super Moderator

That could be the reason Kimber Manufacturing will open a $38 million production facility in Troy, Alabama in early 2019.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #4

In a left-handed way, Chuck, I think you're exactly right.

Catholic-but-soon-to-be-excommunicated governor Andrew Cuomo, has been a flip-flop for several weeks due to the birth abortion fiasco. He seemed to embrace the libtards in Congress at first, then realized large New York factories were about to bolt. Then he did some sort of bizarre "we need factories" pitch last week, I think Hannity carried it.

I'd welcome a southbound Yonkers factory. I do find it hard to imagine if our members had to post repair information from the new factory.

Like, "Hey, fellow Kimber fanatics, I just got my pistol back from the Selma factory, and other than the new 'stars and bars' boxes, my handgun is flawless..."
Old 02-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
That could be the reason Kimber Manufacturing will open a $38 million production facility in Troy, Alabama in early 2019.
Hopefully the new location and factory will allow Kimber to improve their workforce and quality control processes. Hopefully.

Although you can't blame all of Kimber's problems on Trump, he's certainly not helping the situation. With Trumponomics posing unemployment levels to historical lows, it't really hard to find skilled workers. And we're also on the tail end of a period where students were encouraged to major in subjects like Twitter and manbuns. There might be a few more years of suffering before American schools start turning out capable adults and we start importing some skilled labor.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #6

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Hopefully the new location and factory will allow Kimber to improve their workforce and quality control processes. Hopefully.
Hey Rusty, you may be onto something here. Kimber might be forced, by diversity quota laws, to hire some anti-gun millennials and libtards there in New York who are intentionally sabotaging the quality control of some of their products.
If they do move south there goes my copy righted term "YONKERED" which refers to sending your pistol back to Kimber to get tweaked.

I wonder if Cuomo carries a Kimber?
Old 02-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #7

My guess is that Kimber's decision was more about uncertainty of workplace rather than quality of employee. New York legislators create too much uncertainty for any gun manufacture to bet their future on them.
2sharp2 and Cucamonga kid like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote